iPhone Sale and Transfer (Verizon)

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
My sister wants to sell her VZW iPhone 4 (which has unlimited data) and replace it with an iPhone 5. She is completing a sale on eBay (buyer paid, just need to ship) however, she just now realized that she won't have a phone. And I also wondered about her phone number, which she didn't want to lose along with the unlimited data, if possible.

Anyway, is there any recourse? or will a transaction cancellation be needed?

phillyphill

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
lorton
She needs to put another phone on her line or she won't be able to sell the phone. If she gets a cheap phone then she'll be good. Or hope she gets the iPhone 5 before the buyer pays. She can't keep unlimited unless she has another line on the account. As soon as she upgrades is gone baby gone.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
My sister wants to sell her VZW iPhone 4 (which has unlimited data) and replace it with an iPhone 5. She is completing a sale on eBay (buyer paid, just need to ship) however, she just now realized that she won't have a phone. And I also wondered about her phone number, which she didn't want to lose along with the unlimited data, if possible.

Anyway, is there any recourse? or will a transaction cancellation be needed?
So she sold the phone with her # still active? And doesn't have a phone to transfer it to? Genius. Buy the 5 already!

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
So she sold the phone with her # still active? And doesn't have a phone to transfer it to? Genius. Buy the 5 already!
Yeah, she has a 2 year old and a 3 year old. And, also goes to work early to night certain times of the week. She sometimes gets the "mom brain."

She has an old VZW phone and just bought the iphone 5 but would take 3-4 weeks. All she cares about is having a phone and her number, and keep her unlimited data plan. I told her she can have a trial period some VZW smartphones within the 30-day Law in California and return it after iPhone 5 arrives. Any other suggestions?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Anyone else have ideas? or suggestions? She still has her LG ENV that she had prior to her VZW iPhone 4. Can she temporarily switch her service to that and then transfer to the iPhone 5 without losing her unlimited data? I don't even know why I gave her my login info for ebay, so she sold this under my name. Sisters, pffft.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
I used the ENV as a placeholder for my son before he got his 5 - you can keep your unlimited with that phone on the line - but you do need a phone on the line.