iPhone says I'm not connected to the network. HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayhong89, Dec 17, 2011.

1. jayhong89 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so I have an unusual problem: I just got my iPhone 4s a few days ago and I connected to my wifi in my apartment. I successfully logged into my wifi because when I go to Settings, it says that I'm connected to the right network. On top of that, on top left corner of my iPhone screen, it has that 3 internet bars instead of "3G", indicating that I am connected to my wifi. However, whenever I try to play games that require wifi, my iPhone keeps telling me that I'm not connected and I should check the network connections. I don't really care that the game doesn't work, but it does bother me that somethings already wrong with either the device or the router. I can't seem to figure out what really is the problem. Can anyone help me out please?

2. bun.bhay macrumors member

Check your network settings on your router. You may be experiencing a limited connectivity or no connectivity. Check your router to determine if network shows such address as 169.x.x.x (APIPA) which will give you the limited connectivity or no connectivity whether it shows the wifi symbol or not. If the address shows 192.x.x.x (public address), it will give a network connection. In your network settings, make sure the Router and DNS Server settings are the same. Hope this helps.

3. jayhong89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying bun.bhay. But that doesn't seem like to be the problem. The router address starts with 192. so it should be a public network and my DNS info all match up.

4. bun.bhay macrumors member

try doing a network reset on your iphone. settings>general>reset>reset network settings.

5. jayhong89 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. vanforum macrumors newbie

I have this problem constantly. It various somehow depending on what network I am trying to connect through or if I'm trying to connect through the computer... But generally iPhone is kinda weak in this area.