iPhone says no service even when I re-enter a service area. Any fix for this?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by BrandonZ, Mar 18, 2013.

1. BrandonZ, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2008
    The building I work in has many dead spots. When I walk back into a normal signal area it constantly will say No Service and I have to go toggle airplane mode. Ive tried restoring the phone(not as new though). Also got a new sim. Ive tried resetting network settings also. This is a replacement phone I got from Apple three weeks ago when my origional iPhone 5 screen started to die.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT. I just realized this is probably in the wrong forum. Sorry guys.
  2. darricksailo macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    I find my phone is the same. I either have to wait a few minutes for it to reconnect or toggle airplane mode on and then off
  3. BrandonZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2008
    Thanks. It stinks though. My first iPhone 5 had no issue with this at all. I keep missing texts and calls from my wife which is not cool at all.
  4. BrandonZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2008
    I figured I would update this post. I had to get my phone replaced by Apple again and this unit is working correctly so problem kinda solved.
  5. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Happens to me too sometimes. But not all the time. I just do what you do, turn Airplane mode off an on and it reconnects right away. I think it's just a timing thing, or something. Who knows.
  6. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2012
    Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
    I've never had it happen to me, but could it possibly be that you are entering a busy area and all cells are taken momentarily?

I'd try a hard reset though and see if that helps. Hold the power and home buttons until you see the apple symbol.
  7. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2008
    With AT&T, this has happened to me using different brands of phones, not just with the iPhone. I had a Blackberry, for instance, that would drop out when I drove through a certain area and if I didn't remember to toggle the radio off/on I would miss calls and notifications.

I have no idea why this happens, but I can say that I don't think it is an iPhone issue. At least I know it wasn't with me since it happened with other manufacturers.
  8. macgaynor macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2011
    AT&T "Mark This Spot" App

AT&T has an app called "Mark This Spot that lets us tell them where we have issues.