iPhone screen and touch not working for couple of minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sepandee, Apr 10, 2009.

1. sepandee macrumors regular

My iPhone 3g, 3 weeks old and battery around 95%, was working fine until suddenly the screen was black no matter what I did. I tried to restart it, held down every button one by one for 20 seconds, nothing. Nothing would bring the screen back on. But when my friend called me it would ring, and I would try to answer it by sliding the slider (which I couldn't see but of course I know where it is and can do it with my eyes closed) and nothing would happen. So the screen was black and wasn't responding. After 5 minutes or so, the restart button suddenly worked and voila, but iphone was fine.

What gives? Anyone had this experience before?

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I had that exact experience several times on my 3g iphone in the last couple of weeks. I could hear text messages and email being delivered in the background as well. The only way to get the screen back on for me was to reset the phone. I went so far as to restore the phone but the problem happened again. Genius gave me a bull story about how you need to completely shut down the phone at least once a day (reset) or the iphone runs out of ram. Funny how I have had the phone almost a year and it is just now starting to run out of ram. Having some crashing on the ipod function of the iphone as well. Seems like the two problems have coincided.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This has happened to me a few times over the last 2 weeks. The screen turns black and the whole phone becomes unresponsive. I had to hold down the home button and the power button to get the "slide to turn off" screen. Instead, I just had to hit the cancel button on this screen to get it back. Yet, it kept doing it. I ended up reseting the phone and it hasn't done it since. No way should you have to reset your phone daily, this isn't a WinMo phone.