iPhone Screen repairs do not count as AC+ incident

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IndoX, Jun 13, 2013.

1. IndoX macrumors regular

Heads up folks!

If you have AppleCare+ and decide to get the screen fixed as opposed to getting the entire phone replaced - the price of the screen repair is $49 (as opposed to $149) and it will not count as an incident for your AppleCare+.

So you can save your incidents for water damage or whenever you want to get a new phone for resell. :p

Just went into my local Apple store today and a friendly genius told me about this and I decided to get just the screen repaired.

Remember, if you decide to get the phone replaced the price is still $49 and it will use an incident in AppleCare+.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

3. mchart macrumors member

Yes, but Apple Care + costs money anyways. Kind of like insurance.

4. WesCole macrumors 6502a

Does this include scratches? I thought that AC+ only covered screen damage that actually hindered the usability of the phone. What type of damage did you have to your phone?

5. iphone46 macrumors regular

It's $149 w/o AppleCare they are eliminating whole phone replacements to save money(except water damage)

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

I just wanted to update that I went to the Apple Store yesterday and replacing the screen did count as one of the two AppleCare+ allowed replacements. I had hoped to have a similar experience as you, but it was still convenient to have the device fixed without needing to restore all the data. They did not even have a problem with the phone being jailbroken.