iPhone Screen repairs do not count as AC+ incident

IndoX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Heads up folks!

If you have AppleCare+ and decide to get the screen fixed as opposed to getting the entire phone replaced - the price of the screen repair is $49 (as opposed to $149) and it will not count as an incident for your AppleCare+.

So you can save your incidents for water damage or whenever you want to get a new phone for resell. :p

Just went into my local Apple store today and a friendly genius told me about this and I decided to get just the screen repaired.

Remember, if you decide to get the phone replaced the price is still $49 and it will use an incident in AppleCare+.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Does this include scratches? I thought that AC+ only covered screen damage that actually hindered the usability of the phone. What type of damage did you have to your phone?

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Heads up folks!

If you have AppleCare+ and decide to get the screen fixed as opposed to getting the entire phone replaced - the price of the screen repair is $49 (as opposed to $149) and it will not count as an incident for your AppleCare+.
I just wanted to update that I went to the Apple Store yesterday and replacing the screen did count as one of the two AppleCare+ allowed replacements. I had hoped to have a similar experience as you, but it was still convenient to have the device fixed without needing to restore all the data. They did not even have a problem with the phone being jailbroken.