iPhone SE AT&T Go phone vs Motorola G5 Plus

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CatherineVeraGat, Jun 15, 2017.

1. CatherineVeraGat Suspended

I don't know which phone is next for me. I want to be in Apple's ecosystem. But the iPhone SE AT&T Go phone is only available in 32GB. Which isn't enough storage, but after a while of taking photos. I will upload them to iCloud or Google Drive. But I will have manage my storage on the iPhone SE.

Both devices have pros and cons. The iPhone SE doesn't have things that is found on the Moto G5 Plus, such as

- Fast Charging (up to 60% in 15 minutes)
    - microsd card slot (up to 128GB),
    - A camera that has DualPixel technology that had up to 60% faster focusing (Greatly appreciated)
    - ƒ/1.7 aperture
    - 8X digital zoom for photos, 4X for video
    - Quick Capture Motion (To open the camera just by a motion, even when the screen is off)
    - Slow Motion video recording 720p at 120fps
    - Tap (anywhere) to capture
    - Professional Mode
    - 5.2in screen (424 ppi)
    - More value for the price

The iPhone SE has things that the Motorola G5 Plus doesn't have.

- Lighting port that has "No right side up because of the port"
    - Apart of Apple's ecosystem ( I'm planning on buying a 2017 MacBook Pro soon.)
    - Great iCloud support/ Google Drive Support
    - Live Photos
    - 5X digital zoom for photos, 3X for video
    - Slow Motion video recording 1080p at 240fps and 720p at 120fps
    - Sapphire crystal lens cover
    - More better one handed, 4in screen (326 ppi)
    - Less value for the price, but as features that aren't on the Moto G5 Plus.
    - Focus Pixels

I don't know which phone is best for me?
    I do use the camera a lot, so I would want the best camera for me.

2. nikolajlh macrumors newbie

If you like the apple ecosystem and are planning on getting a Macbook Pro go for the SE. It's a great little phone and the ecosystem and continuity features are simply amazing!

3. Jeqry, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017

Jeqry macrumors newbie

I use AT&T GoPhone service as well. I suggest you buy the 64 GB iPhone SE SIM-free on Apple's website. Pop in your AT&T GoPhone Nano SIM card (or purchase one) and bam. Should be good to go. iPhone camera is the best. Keep us updated.