Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple announced yesterday that the iPhone SE will be available to order on March 24, with shipments and in-store sales beginning on March 31, in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.

iPhone-SE-Front-Back.jpg

Apple's website indicates that the second round of orders will begin on March 29, with those shipments beginning in early April, in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.

Apple also confirmed that orders will begin in early April, and presumably ship later in the month, in Albania, Andorra, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Guernsey, Iceland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and South Korea.

Meanwhile, the iPhone SE is listed as "coming soon" in Bahrain, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, India, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Thailand, and on Apple's broader Latin America website. Apple says "check back later for availability" on its Philippines website.

March 24 Orders

• United States
    Australia
    Canada
    China
    France
    Germany
    Hong Kong
    Japan
    New Zealand
    Puerto Rico
    Singapore
    United Kingdom
March 29 Orders

• Austria
    Belgium
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Finland
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Italy
    Luxembourg
    Poland
    Portugal
    The Netherlands
    Norway
    Russia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Taiwan
    Turkey
    United Arab Emirates
Early April Orders

• Albania
    Andorra
    Bosnia
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Estonia
    Guernsey
    Iceland
    Isle of Man
    Jersey
    Kosovo
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Macedonia
    Maldives
    Malta
    Monaco
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    South Korea
"Coming Soon"

• Bahrain
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Egypt
    India
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Malaysia
    Mexico
    Oman
    Philippines
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    South Korea
    Thailand
    Latin America
ET Telecom reports that Beetel Teletech will begin selling the iPhone SE from Rs 39,000 on April 8 at over 3,500 retail locations across India. Spanish website iPhoneros claims the iPhone SE will go on sale a few days earlier in Spain, on April 6. If you know of a launch date for another country, email us at tips@macrumors.com.

Apple confirmed the iPhone SE will be available in 110 countries overall by the end of May.

Article Link: iPhone SE Release Dates by Country: Orders Start March 24, March 29, and Early April

Last edited:
Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
A white & gold 64gb will do nicely thank you :) Don't use 3D Touch on my 6S+ as it stands. Just wish it was closer to $499 than the actual €599 here .. damn those taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: xDKP and c0ppo

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
A white & gold 64gb will do nicely thank you :) Don't use 3D Touch on my 6S+ as it stands. Just wish it was closer to $499 than the actual €599 here .. damn those taxes.

Keep in mind that $499 does NOT include taxes in the U.S.

But, i would buy a new iPhone only outside of Europe, like Hong Kong or Singapore, even cheaper there than in the states*.

*Cheaper in HK, a bit more in Singapore.

Reactions: MRU

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
Apple's website indicates that the second round of orders will begin on March 29, with those shipments beginning in early April, in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.

You omitted exacly one country - Poland :(

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008

But, i would buy a new iPhone only outside of Europe, like Hong Kong or Singapore, even cheaper there than in the states*.

But it is easier to get more extensive warranty than what Apple offers when you buy it in Europe. The higher price isn’t for naught.

addictive

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
I have a question which I'm hoping someone can answer. I am from the UK but currently live in Thailand. I will be visiting Singapore early next month and I would like to purchase the iPhone SE. Can I pay for it online through Apple's website to collect there? Or will the fact I have a British credit card not allow me to do it? Does Apple accept PayPal? Does Singapore have Apple stores where you can buy products or just an online store? Thanks.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I have a question which I'm hoping someone can answer. I am from the UK but currently live in Thailand. I will be visiting Singapore early next month and I would like to purchase the iPhone SE. Can I pay for it online through Apple's website to collect there? Or will the fact I have a British credit card not allow me to do it? Does Apple accept PayPal? Does Singapore have Apple stores where you can buy products or just an online store? Thanks.
Just buy using your CC once you are in Singapore and yes they have Apple stores there.

https://locate.apple.com/sg/en/sales/?pt=all&lat=1.2798008&lon=103.8372803&address=Singapore

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008

how much is sales tax? it's about the equivalent of $552 USD for a 64GB in HK.

dr34mc4st3r

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
Singapore

Remember to claim your GST refund as well at the airport ;)

Reactions: xDKP and justperry

Anggak

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2015
a bit OOT here, but i hope apple do the same thing with mac pro lineup~

5s → 6/6s/ → SE (old small form factor, powerful hardware): small → big → small again~
MP 4.1/5.1 → 6.1 → MP SE? (old tower enclosure, newer xeon E5, dual cpu is back) : big → small → big again~

for 7.1 maybe still keep cylinder shape, it’s okay but the SE takes the tower shape (unlikely happened)
just my personal moron wish ♪

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.