iphone sent part of an old deleted txt in a new txt?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 999arrowhead, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 999arrowhead macrumors newbie

A friend sent me a txt from his iphone to my htc desire hd (android) that contained part of the new txt and part of an old deleted txt.

How can an old deleted txt suddenly randomly be included/inserted in a new txt?

It was literally half the new txt and half an old txt from a few weeks ago. This is odd?

Any ideas welcome, thanks.

2. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

Are you on 4.2.1 and jailbroken with Redsn0w?

There are quite a few bugs in the messaging system if that's what you've done.

3. 999arrowhead thread starter macrumors newbie

will try and find out what his iphone OS is.

Don't think he has jailbroken or Redsn0w? Are these special cracking utilities? What are they used for?

He is paranoid and thinks his phone might be being monitored, lol.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Could your friend have accidentally copied and pasted half of the old text into the new one?

5. 999arrowhead thread starter macrumors newbie

no not possible to copy as it was deleted 2 weeks ago

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well his phone is being monitored, but just not in that way. As others have said, it could be a jailbreak glitch, I also know that some carriers quote the original message, could have somehow been accidentally copied over to the new one.

7. 999arrowhead thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks but he hasn't used Jailbreak and it was a completely different conversation? Although it was to me again so by that do you mean same conversation?

As I say the old txt copied in a new txt was form a deleted txt conversation from over 2 weeks ago.

Not possible to copy/paste but you suggest there naybe a software glitch. this must be a concern for everyone then with random chunks of txt from old deleted txt being somehow pasted into a new txt without any knowledge (as old txt does not show on their phone only receivers).

Do you think parts of an old txt to one person could be sent to a different person by accident ? If so that will scare a few peeps having affairs :) lol

8. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

the only thing I could think of it is not jailbroken is that the txt/conversation was cached somewhere and it tried to pull up the old conversation and caused the glitch.

similar to what i chat does even if you close out on some conversations it still remembers a 'X' amount of the conversation when you want to talk to that specific person again.

longshot but only idea i had :confused:

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

How do you know the issue is with the iPhone and not your HTC?

10. GetSwole37 macrumors member

Ur buddy isn't alone. I sent a text to my sis and one day my wife gets a text and calls to ask what I meant on the text. I asked her what it said and it had a message to my sister (I use a nickname for her) so it was easy to know it was to her. this was about 2 months ago. hadn't happen since. the only thing that made me wonder is that we had just converted to U-Verse in those days

we both own iPhones.