iPhone Sent Texts To Others

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DiamondGCoupe, Oct 23, 2009.

1. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Nov 12, 2007
    I sent my gf a few texts about half-hour ago, using the same SMS Message as I had been all day with contact info exactly the same. The last three texts I had sent her also went to three other numbers.. I got two texts from a 214# saying "huh"?

I've been on top of iphone new and Mac Rumors day after day and never read an article about this. Anyone else heard of this problem? I'm not completely convinced it was iPhone/ATT since my gf has a crappy WM phone with Sprint but I had her reset her phone and so did I. Hope this doesn't happen often.

No JB
    Using AT&T
    AT&T said no network issues
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    Never heard of this on the iPhone. Be careful what you text her! ;)
  3. wowipod macrumors regular

Jan 16, 2008
    The only issue I have experienced is that my phone sends an SMS multiple time when I only sent it once. The person I texted said she got it 4 times and in messages it only appeared once.
  4. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

May 21, 2008
    Southwest Louisiana
    Never had that happen to me. But I do know this: if someone sends a mass SMS or mms to you and you reply to it, your response goes to everyone that the original message was sent to which seems kind of stupid to me. Oh well, lesson learned.
  5. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

Mar 19, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Oh god... it's happened, the iPhone has become self aware

enter either terminator doomsday scenario or matrix, whatever you prefer.
  6. pengpai macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2009
  7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Its been happening for weeks. We have a thread here...its at the bottom of that engadget poll.
  8. MasterTick macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2009
  9. DiamondGCoupe thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 12, 2007
    Wasn't sending MMS but I do have the carrier update. I have been using AIM to send messages when I can to avoid this problem. Hoping it was a fluke but it did lead to that awkward SMS exchange.
  10. AdolfSkroatler, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012

AdolfSkroatler macrumors newbie

May 9, 2012
    This happened to me yesterday. I had set up a used iPhone because my other one Bricked.

I sent out several texts, 2 of which were accidentally sent to my spouse.

How does that happen? I have nothing to hide, but it's creepy. Who else got Phantom Texts from me yesterday??
  11. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Mar 27, 2011
    I have a Verizon 4s. Nobody else has listed their model (4 or 4s), but I had this problem and changing my caller ID in imessage settings to my phone number rather than my email address fixed it for me. I changed some other stuff too, so let me know if this helps anyone.