Iphone service dilemma with AT&T maybe switch to Verzion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msarway, Sep 9, 2008.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i have had the iphone for 2 years and at&t for 3 years. i live in NYC and travel international 4 times a year. i am so unhappy with AT&T and i am thinking of moving to Verizion because the iphone service is not great. i love the iphone and the only reason i would switch is when they get the Blackberry Thunder. i am not a lover of the BB form factor i had all the BB's before. i dont know what to do my family all i have iphones and dont want to switch they love it. i do use all the apps like the ipod but i want the best of all worlds money is not the issue what should i do. i have 9 lines on AT&T now. cant they make the iphone for VZ(LOL) anyway if anyone has any ideas for me let me know. oh and i live down by the jersey shore in the summer time and AT&T service is very spotty.

2. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

Dude, the iPhone came out in June 2007. How could you have had an iPhone for 2 years??

3. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

+1

4. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

Sorry first Generation and now year 2 with 3G version.

5. eric11546 macrumors newbie

I don't think you will ever see this phone on verizon. The bastardize there phones with their crap VZ software. I wish apple didn't go ATT with this VZ services is 10x better then ATT but just carry 2 phones if you want the Iphone for the apps/email and VZ for normal phone service. I carry both but my primary is VZ and use the iphone for travel and email.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Wait until you've seen enough Thunder reviews to see if you'll like it.

If you do, then port over to Verizon as a new customer and get the new customer discount for the Thunder.

Basically, do what's best for you. Don't limp around with an iPhone if the service doesn't work for you.

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

AT&T = GSM, Verizon = CDMA so if you travel a internationally as you claim then any Verizon phone is going to be pretty much a brick while you're overseas as GSM is much more widely adopted where CDMA isn't used much outside of the US.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

FWIW, Verizon has some phones that are CDMA+GSM. Looks like the Thunder will be one of them, so there shouldn't be any problems going overseas.

9. denm316 macrumors 6502

I sold my iPhone 3G because of AT&T's horrible service. Got a Blackberry Curve on Verizon and couldnt be happier.

As for using it overseas, you could always get an 8830 from Verizon which is a world phone and will run over GSM as well.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Good advice. If the iPhone doesn't work for you then get rid of it. It is only a tool that is meant to provide a certain service. If it is no longer providing it, then it is time to move on.