iPhone Service.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MuGeN PoWeR, Aug 9, 2012.

1. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

hey guyz need some info. my Noise Cancellation mic of iPhone 4s isnt working. so i gave a call to apple support. they said they will charge 16 pounds plus taxes for service it. i want to know how much time it takes them to service it? do let me know thanks!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Do you have Apple Stores where you live? And are you in warranty still? If so, take it into the store and they will fix it for free or give you a new phone. At least that is how it is done in the U.S

3. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

yes i am in UK and we have apple store here for a change:p so do i need a genius appointment or i just walk in the apple store and they will entertain me?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I would make an appointment since there is always high volume in the stores and they take appointments first.

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Appointment is appreciated by the genius bar staffs. Showing spontaneously doesn't mean you won't be serviced but the people who did make appointments ahead of time will appreciate the lack of crowding in the genius bar area. :)

6. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

okie dokei cool. what will happen if i go there without the appointment? i just checked there is no appointment in white city store till 14th august:/

----------

okie dokie so this is a high chance that i might get a new device if the genius entertains me without the appointment!

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

They don't do repairs of iPhones while you wait, appointment or not. If they determine your phone has a defect that's covered by the warranty, they're going to swap you out with a replacement phone (again, regardless of if you have an appointment or not).

At the store I worked in a for a few years, if you didn't have an appointment, you may end up waiting up to an hour-and-a-half before they can squeeze you in. Even if you come in at a not busy time (say, an hour before closing), thinking "hey, it won't be busy then, they'll squeeze me in quickly without an appointment", keep in mind that the number of employees working at that time of day is also less, so it's usually no easier for them to squeeze you in then.

8. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

yes i am under warranty. and i hope they will give me a new one. i will try visiting them tomorrow without the appointment. lets see what do they say. thanks alot man. really appreciated that!