iPhone Shocked Me Through Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goldengram, Jan 3, 2012.

1. goldengram macrumors newbie

So I had my phone plugged in charging, headphones on while sitting on my couch and made a phone call. A couple minutes in to the conversation I started to move and I started getting shocked through my headphones. The person on the other side could also hear a shocking noise go through the phone. I yanked off my headphones and it stopped the shocking.

I tried to replicate the issue with the headphones in my hand moving them around but no luck. An hour later or so I made another phone call and it started to shock me again. It started when the call was ringing and I yanked off the headset right away.

After that call I used it with headphones on walking through my house making a call and nothing.

Make an appointment with Apple??

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This is caused by static electricity. It's normal.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

4. Hastings101, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

I guess it's pretty common, when I searched google about it there were a lot of articles and forum comments about it. Apple's even said something about it and has a support article on it lol

5. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Same effect when you walk on carpet/rub your feet on carpet and touch something/someone. Never had it happen to me on my iPhone.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I never actually got shocked, but I do hear the crackle noise from the static thru my headphones.

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

if anything, you're shocking your iPhone... not the other way around.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I wish you could share in my laughter in imagining you trying to replicate being shocked by your phone. :D