Iphone shortcuts like ipad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bilalo, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Dont you guysnthink iphone should have more gestures like the ipad does? It'll be a unique selling point as well and if your iphone home button is screwed then so are you...

My mother got a brand new ipad, came with a not working home button and well no apple stores here, someone got it brand new and got it with them, if it wasnt for the four finger pinch she wouldn't be able to use it, and even for me I rarely use the double click on ipad or single click, usually just swiping four fingers up, left or right and pinching, makes it 10 more fun and seems faster for me :)

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

There is a way to get around no home button on the iphone but the ipad's gestures still seem to work better (at least on my 4 it seems to cause a lot of lag to use this method).

Basically, go to settings > general >accessibility and turn on assistive touch. This will bring up an opaque virtual button you can place anywhere on the screen and when you hit that button a menu will pop up including a virtual home button you can use like the home button. I think it tends to be RAM hogging or something cause my iphone 4 is kinda slow to respond to it sometimes (and it is slow to turn it on and off, I have it set so that three clicks of the home button turns on assistive touch or turns it off). Which is why I like the iPad's gestures better cause it seems to be a lot smoother and not be clunky (though it could also be because it is an iPad 2 and I think has more Ram and a faster processor than my 4. I know my iPad runs a helluva lot better than my 4 and it runs games smoothly that my 4 tends to choke on). I find myself trying to do gestures on my iphone sometimes.

My roommate discovered this and that's how I use my iphone now cause I'm paranoid of breaking the home button again (I am on a refurb cause the first one had a broken home button. To be fair this one isn't showing the issue and my first started showing the issue pretty early on and very slowly it degraded to the point that near when the warranty ran out I figured I better give in and get it replaced).