Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xyfish

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
It is probably a software issue but im jailbroken on ios 8.4. Is there anyway to fix this battery issue without losing my jailbreak?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
It is probably a software issue but im jailbroken on ios 8.4. Is there anyway to fix this battery issue without losing my jailbreak?

How old is the phone? Do you charge your phone multiple times a day?

The battery is most likely going bad

You can try calibrating the battery and see if that'll help bring the reading down to 0% before shutting off

But more than likely, you will have to replace the battery with a new one

xyfish

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
I like to think my phone is "not too old". Its a iphone 6 i bought at launch. Barely 2 years old.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I like to think my phone is "not too old". Its a iphone 6 i bought at launch. Barely 2 years old.
Depends on how much you used it over those two years.

If you have a Mac, you can download Coconut Battery and run it. Connect the phone to the Mac and in Coconut battery, click on the iOS tab and you can see the capacity left and the amount of battery cycles you have left.

I have a two year old 5S that has 267 cycles with 86% capacity. It still lasts over a day if I put a sim in it and use it for a few days. On standby, it can 3-4 days with light use.

Reactions: reltm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.