iPhone Size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bad4karma2, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Bad4karma2 macrumors newbie

I'm new here but I just had to join. I have been using Apple products for almost 35 years.
    I currently have an iPhone 4S. I've been watching Apple stock and seeing how it rose from the ashes to be the biggest kid on the block. I'm not going to argue with any anal investors or tek junkies.
    Where I'm gong is the size of the iPhone 5s and how the stock market reacts and compares it to the competition.
    Does a half inch in screen size really matter?

I've seen the start of cell phones when they were the size of WW2 walkie talkie's; the drive was to make them smaller. The smaller the better. That is what the tech cry was and we ended up with cell phones almost the size of Bic lighters.
    Apple has been the innovator and set the standard in smartphones. Now we see everyone crying for a larger screen and people shake their heads in dismal response to the iPhone 5s. The stock market reacts because the size is the same. Where does it end?

Ford Mustangs were always the same size. It was what was under the hood ~ the engine that made the difference. Ford didn't turn out a F150 pick up truck and call it a Mustang!

If Tim Cook wants to shut up the nah sayers, may I suggest this!
    Take the iPad Mini and make it the iPhone 6 ~ then let's see what the Droid makers and the stock pundits do with that !!

2. Mrbobb, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

You maybe confusing the many posters here with real analysts.

The analysts I listen/read are not upset about the size, they are mostly upset about the 5c for not being cheaper, specially in China (even more expensive than U.S.). They were expecting Apple to make a big splash in China.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Yes, that'll sell like hotcakes.

[​IMG]

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Nah, the only thing Tim Cook needs to do to shut up the nay-sayers / droid makers is to show them the Q4 earnings report in a couple of months :cool:

5. Bad4karma2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your response. I do agree about the cost of the new 5C. I do see many comments about the desire that Apple put out a larger screen.
    Sever tech analysts made comments about Apple not competing with Samsung or other top of the line Droid phones in regard to size.

My point is does a half inch really make or break a phone? Apple should focus on the system and upgrades that out perform the Droid phones. If you build a better mouse trap the world will be knocking at your door.

True innovation is in the operating system and what it can do. New apps, and you can add your own laundry list of ~ wish they would do this or that.
    If Apple does that, the half inch in size issue is a moot point.
    Then we as iPhone users benefit from this, as anyone that migrates from Droid to iPhones.

Again thank you for your reply.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

It did make a huge impact for people who upgraded to the iPhone 5.

7. 617aircav Suspended

such a long post only to make no sense at all.

8. Bad4karma2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Funny others made sense of it. I guess you just don't understand the analogy. Sorry for the long post ~ guess people today can't go further than a few words longer than a txt message.

9. Bad4karma2 thread starter macrumors newbie