Iphone sold out in New York, possible to by from At&T without register

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjodder, Mar 26, 2008.

1. kjodder macrumors newbie

Hey.... i'm comming to in 3 weeks, and my plan was to buy me an Iphone, but today i see on several websites, thats Iphone's is sold out in all NY Apple stores. :eek:

Any guess, what my chances is they will be back in stock to middle of april, and if not, is it possible to grab one in an AT&T shop, and still "register" it when you come home via Itunes, or will they demand that it has to be in the shop ?

Thanks

// Kim

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I sell unlocked iPhones on ebay. I only buy them from the AT&T store as well.

Only one time they have asked for a email, phone number, drivers license etc. A few more times, they only asked me for my email and i told them it. Some are annoying though. One instance this girl made some stupid comments like:

"Are these 2 iPhones for you?"
    "No, they are gifts"
    "Oh, do they live around here, They must be very lucky...."

I started laughing...

You will be fine though. Most times they just ask for a phone number / email address, and you can simply activate on iTunes when you take it home.

3. HOiYA macrumors member

I am thinking they can't force you to register on the spot since you can say the iPhone is a gift. You will need to pay for part of the iPhone on a credit card though.

4. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

They actually would rather you activate online.