iPhone speaker isn’t working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danny klim, Jul 27, 2017.

1. danny klim macrumors newbie

Hi, i am having an issue where my iPhone speaker isn’t working and am trying to figure out what i should do about it, could you please help?

There is no sound playing in iPhone speakers from any apps. I think its because the iPhone thinks headphones are connected. When there are no headphones in the iPhone, the iPhone still shows that headphones are connected. I can see this when i select the audio output at the bottom of iTunes when a song is playing.

I just tried updating to newest OS to fix it, but still having the issue. Also don’t see any obstructions in the headphone port. It’s not bluetooth headphone causing a problem, i tried turning bluetooth off and still had the issue. Was working perfectly yesterday.

Have you ever heard of this issue? Any idea what the best step to take to fix it is?

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

What type of iPhone is this? How long have you owned it? AppleCare?

4. Volgin Suspended

Volgin

If seen it where the phone still thinks I have headphones plugged in even though I removed them. Try cleaning out the headphone jack with a toothpick.

5. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

This, or plug in and unplug a set of headphone multiple times. Also, I'm assuming the OP's mute switch is not toggled and the volume is up.

Failing all that, you will need a speaker replacement.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Apple won't replace the Speaker. They will just likely replace the iPhone all together with a warranty device, assuming it's under warranty.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2017 ---
    The OP stated there was no obstructions in the headphone port.