Iphone speakers: Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2, or Altec lansing IM600 INMOTION?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chrisp92, Sep 26, 2009.

1. chrisp92 macrumors member

so i have narrowed my choices of iphone 3g speakers between Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2, or Altec lansing IM600 INMOTION.
    here are some links about them
    logitech: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-accessories/logitech-pure-fi-anywhere/4505-6519_7-32572212.html
    altec: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-...im600/4505-6519_7-32402791.html?tag=mncol;lst
    please advise me on what ones i should get. i do not care that the altec has a radio, i am more focused on sound quality. someone pls help me out. i would love to hear about your personal experience with either or both of these speakers. thanks.

thanks.

2. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Well, the Logitech works with the iPhone very well, the Altec Lansing doesn't work unless its in airplane mode. You really have to go to a store and physically try most of these speaker docks with the iPhone or risk it not working, which is what I did and how I figured out that NONE of the Altec Lansings that I found in stores work with the iPhone. What's even more irritating is that many of these docks say they do, and they don't (or at least only in airplane mode).

3. hsk macrumors regular

My daughter has the Altec one but as suggested above, I would go to a Target (who has quite a few of the most popular ones) and/or a Best Buy and listen for yourself. I personally did not like the sound of the Logitech one once I heard it.

I like the JBL OnStage III and the Sony speakers (were 2 different ones at Target, can't remember the model numbers).

4. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

Why limit yourself to those two. If it's sound quality you want get a Zeppelin.

5. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

No where did the OP mention sound quality being a factor. They did their research and for their budget(~$100) they narrowed it down to those 2 items.
    Both of which seem to be popular and do the job.
    Had the OP asked for an audiophile recommended docking station then the Zeppelin
    would be in line.

6. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

I just got the JBL OnStage IIIp (yes get the ones that say IIIp as it reduces issues with the III's and feedback & popping sounds) and their amazing! Paid $79 CAN for them since a provider had them on sale $120 Cheaper than the AppleSTore is selling them for.

Last weekend bought my wife the II's for her iPod Touch and I get 2 more mid speakers 10W RMS more (20W total vs OnStage II's), and its in all Black to match my 3GS.

Minus ... you don't get the USB sync port.
    Bonus: Charges iPhone 3GS/3G and speaker phone on incoming/outgoing call does work as other party comes through the speakers :D

7. topoolli macrumors newbie

Great speaker

I have the logi as well and couldnt be happier with it. I purchased it back in May and I really like the sound and its size.