iPhone spinner pixellated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tea-Aholic, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Hey guys. Coming from an iPhone 3G to the 4S, this is my first time experiencing the "Retina Display" and it is gorgeous. While most apps are now retina enabled, some games like Angry Birds seem to have half retina support with some graphics still pixellated.

I was just wondering though, the spinner you see when you turn off your iPhone (after "slide to power off"), the spinner look to be pixellated to me. Would've thought that Apple, being so pedantic about small details and be ones to would probably release an update just to fix a letter in the UI, would let such thing happen. Did they think users wouldn't care?

It doesn't bother me at all, just something I noticed.

And Merry Christmas to all people on MacRumors. Wooo!

2. M Quick, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

I never noticed that on mine. Where did you buy your 4S from? Apple or ebay or a carrier?

Merry christmas!

3. Tea-Aholic, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

Tea-Aholic thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I bought my iPhone here in Australia in an Apple Store, I payed outright for an unlocked one. Though I'm sure it wouldn't just affect me but all iPhone 4/4S owners with a retina display?

4. rsmith83 macrumors member

Mine is that way, too. I ordered my iPhone 4S straight from Apple and noticed it as soon as I restarted the phone for the first time. I couldn't remember it doing that on my iPhone 4.

It's not a huge deal, but it does seem weird that it would look this way on the 4S.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Takes shotgun…

Loads shotgun…

Eats shotgun…

Pulls trigger…bye bye cruel world…

6. aleni macrumors 68020

Lol!! I thought im the only one noticing this. I dont have idea why everyone in iOS dev team don't notice it. Apple usually will go for every tiny details.

For someone above me, if steve jobs thinks like you, then we all have crappy UI in all apple gadgets sold everywhere in the world.

In design, the tiny little details that make the design itself amazing. Not some huge buttons with gradient effect and shiny background color.

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Mine's like that too. I can't remember if the 4 was like that. Not really a big deal though... not like I turn off my phone all that often

8. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

I've got this on an iPhone 4 on latest iOS and I'm pretty sure I've had it from day one. Might have something to do with backups.

But, really, minor issue.

9. viperGTS macrumors 65816

noticed this on my iPod touch 4G too. its just an overlook.

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Then why take the time to make a thread about it. It obviously bothers you enough to do that.

+1.... I love when people make long posts about something then say "it doesn't bother me that much"..... another guy made a post about his + volume button being slightly lower than his - button and said the same thing. IF it doesn't bother you why make the thread?

No, it's not a minor issue it's a NON issue.

11. WilliamG macrumors G3

Normal. Clearly not a big deal, but it's there for sure on the 4S.

12. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Heaven forbid someone makes a thread asking if something they noticed is the same for everyone and, if so, if anyone knows why Apple made it that way.

13. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I know right!!

"There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people that ask questions." Chris Berman, Bristol University Dean.

14. Tea-Aholic thread starter macrumors 6502

It actually doesn't bother me. It not something I have to see all the time when using the OS. It's just an observation that I made. God, some people...

15. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL, that's the same thing I was thinking.