iPhone stuck in restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taptic, Jun 27, 2013.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Hi,

I buy, fix and sell iPhones. I got one today that is stumping me. So far, I have been trying to restore it. It doesn't act regularly, so I tried putting into restore mode by holding the home button, plugging it in, and then, after iTunes displayed the message, releasing the home button. It works and it starts the restore process, but then it flashes white and goes to the Apple logo. Then, the Apple logo fades away. I let it sit and continue to load, but it never makes any progress.

Here is an image of it loading after the Apple logo fades away. After a while, an error message pops up. (Image 2). I have also uploaded a video of what the iPhone is doing during the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT7j0GmgSNU&feature=youtu.be

Attached Files:

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

This error code indicates a stolen iPhone that has been blocked by Apple. Please return to your local authorities or face the cell.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Funny. Lets hope he/she bought it off ebay.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

4. victorpaul1 macrumors newbie

iPhone stuck in restore

See that's the problem, I can get it there, but it has to download the stupid upgrade before i can restore it. I get the "network connection timed out error" Every time i try to download the upgrade.

5. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I googled that error code and supposedly it's fixed by using a different USB port. YMMV.