iPhone suddenly "unable to connect to wifi" of anykind

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zachwilliamson, Oct 29, 2009.

1. zachwilliamson macrumors newbie

So my wifi worked fine until one day it just randomly decides to stop. I went to sleep connected to my home wifi and woke up with it unable to connect. Now it won't connect to any wifi anywhere, password required or not. I have reset the network settings and the problem still persists. I can't figure this one out, any help?

Thanks for the help

2. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

3. hawkeye23 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue. I took it to the Genius bar and they replaced my phone for no charge. It was 3 months out of warranty.

4. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Try rebooting - happened to me and that solved it.

5. zachwilliamson thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about the sbsettings, I haven't changed any settings on my iPhone...

I tried rebooting also and it didn't work, I might take it by the genius bar this weekend if I get time. And if I can't get a solution to the problem on here

Thanks for your help guys...

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

im having a similar problem where it will connect and then 4 seconds (yes its always exactly the same) later it drops, but then it will reconnect. the odd thing about it is its always in 4 second intervals. After about 3-4 mins it will connect finally but whenever i try and use an app that uses wi-fi, such as remote, logmein, even safari, it starts the cycle all over again. resetting the router doesnt help and neither does resetting the phone. planning on taking it to the apple store sunday but if anyone has any ideas before then it would be appreciated.