iPhone superfans: What is your least favorite aspect of the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bollweevil, Sep 13, 2012.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

My least favorite aspect of the iPhone is that it is not physically robust. The iPhone always does poorly in drop tests, for instance. I wish Apple would make it thicker, heavier, and more durable.

Post script: Tonight, if all goes as planned, I am ordering a black iPhone 5 with 64 GB of memory.

I would classify myself as an iPhone superfan. I knew I was going to get an iPhone 5 months ago, almost regardless of what features and upgrades it would have. Don't get me wrong, if Apple tried to sell a totally unchanged 4S with a "5" scrawled on the back in sharpie, I would not have bought that. However, knowing Apple's track record, I was 98% sure that I would want whatever they announced.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Heavy usually isn't beneficial when it comes to gravity. I suspect the 5 won't be much more durable but then I think dropping any electronic item isn't going to end well, whether a monitor or a toaster.

Least favorite aspect? It's the OS. I mean, it's good - very good. But making people dig through menus to enable Bluetooth or adjust brightness seems like something that could be improved, at very little expense.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

My least favorite aspect is having to wait for a jailbreak to customize my phone the way I'd like to. I've never in my life pirated an app--all I want to do is use a theme, BossPaper, SBSettings, and WeatherIcon for status bar weather info. Oh, and BiteSMS. That's it. I can't think of any issues I have with the phone itself.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'm over jailbreaking, but I'm tired of constantly adjusting the brightness via settings, especially since they've now moved the settings button one space down in iOS6. I want a brightness slider in the dock. Minor complaint, but it drives me nuts.

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

My current 4 is great no complaints. I have dropped it a few times, I have a very cheap case but to date no damage.

I do JB but just for BiteSMS, folder enhancer, infinidock and Action Menu.

I will be getting an iPH5 my only "dislike" about it is the head phone jack on the bottom.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

iOS could use a refresh. It was missing LTE, but that's about to be resolved. :p

8. SmittS macrumors regular

Erm, heavier would not equal more durable. More impact energy=more BAM!

To me, the iPhone 5 looks perfect. I'd prefer it to be a tad thicker to add some more battery capacity.

My only qualm is some of the limitations of iOS. JB features like BiteSMS or SBSettings should have been there by now.

9. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

No expandable memory by far is away is my #1 complaint. $100 for $10 worth of memory is just a money grab. If the base was 32GB and the upgrade was to 64GB I wouldn't have a problem as much as the cost is more. Two years ago 16->32 for $100 wasn't bad. But in 2012 it's just a money grab.

10. dokujaryu macrumors 6502

dokujaryu

I agree that $100 from 16 -> 32 is too much. I think it should be $50 instead, like on the iPods.

11. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

This is one reason why people like jailbreaking

12. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I have never understood the purpose of the drop test. If people are clumsy and drop their phone then why don't they just get a strong case. I have never had a cracked iPhone and I've owned all of them but the first one. Also a drop test doesn't tell you anything about reliability. The phone could be dropped and be just fine but if it breaks in 2 months with normal usage I wouldn't call a well built phone.

13. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

My least favorite ASPECT?

The new iPhone aspect ratio :eek:

14. PedroDias macrumors member

it would be great if apple could just let developers develop stuff for the notification centre, we would have than widgets "without having widgets" and without copying android.

15. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

The ability to download and upload files.

There are times where I wish I had the capability to upload and download files. For example, when at a client's place. However, they have solved the photo upload issue, and now I can use the Craigslist website in iOS 6 to upload pictures of items I am selling.

16. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

I see what you did there! xD
    Same here.

17. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I'd think I'd have to wait to see and handle it in person to see if the screen size is "big enough".

Even though I understand why they changed to a nano sim, I would have liked to see them keep it at micro-sim. I don't like them having 3 different sizes of sim-cards in 6 different phone models. That's some defragmentation in hardware. Although I'm sure if nano-sims were around during the first iPhone implementation, they probably would have used that for 6 phones.

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

A phone that can used with one hand
    Large selection of high quality mobile apps
    Lack of malware

Oh wait...

There are plenty of third party apps that do that.

19. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

How would I get to the files without iTunes on a computer at school? I would like to replace my flash drive with my iPhone.

20. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Download nope but atleast now you can "upload" stuff :p photos only.

21. vistadude macrumors 65816

The fact that they dropped google maps in iOS 6 and were too cheap to pay for google navigation.

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Too cheap? Seriously? Do you not read the news?

23. tys macrumors 6502

The tiny screen (iPhone 5 included)
    Otherwise it's a little piece of pocket sized perfection :)