iPhone takes a while to find signal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RossMc, Dec 11, 2011.

1. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

This only started happening recently but just want to check on here if anyone knows what is causing this before I make an appointment at the Apple Store.

When my iPhone 4 has been turned off and I turn it back on it takes a while to find signal, At the least it's about 10 minutes before it stops saying Searching... in the top left corner. During that time I can't ring anyone or text etc but then when it does find signal it's fine.

It's not the sim card or carrier as I have tried it with both O2 & Three sim cards and exactly the same thing happens. I have also tried a restore and set up as new and that didn't fix anything.

2. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

If you've done a restore as new, and multiple SIM's then I'd say bring it to the store.

I can't comment on GSM, but both my iPhone 4 and 4S lock on signal (Verizon CDMA) in about 10 seconds or less after I see it searching on a power up.

The only time it's ever taken longer was initial setup and it had to get the OTA kick that it's activated.

3. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah looks like a trip to the store.

It's weird because I have just been messing about there to test it and I have found that

If my phone is turned off and it didn't have 3G on when I turn it back on and go to make a phone call it won't ring out and then when I go to end the call the dialler freezes on the screen and then only way I can get rid of it is to press the home button, open up the multitasking bar and end the phone app but when I turn 3G on after this has happened it will work normally.

Yet if I turn the phone off and 3G is on then when I turn it back on it gets signal fine I can make a phone call which will connect and when I press end it will end the call as normal :confused: