iPhone tether questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isephmusic, Feb 5, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

how can i tether from my iphone ? im using straight talk as my service provider but it still thinks im under Atnt. is there an app that bypasses this ?

2. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

If you want to Jailbreak, you can use Tetherme.

3. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

You aren't allowed to tether on a Straight Talk plan, so it's disabled from the Settings menu.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

but there is no iphone 5 jailbreak so what do i do ? there has to be somethign ill do anything lol

6. digglesworth macrumors member

There is an iPhone 5 jailbreak. I did it last night right after I got my phone.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's been one for about 10 days now.
    Look for Evasi0n 1.3

8. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

hey i got my iphone jailbroken ! awsome. but tetherme cost money. is there any free ones ?

9. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

I've never tried it myself, but doesn't Straight Talk throttle your speed to a crawl if you use a lot of data in a short period of time? My guess is that is their way of blocking TetherMe without being able to detect it directly.

10. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

I personally like MyWi but I don't think I have ever seen a tethering app for free. MyWi does give a free trial though.

11. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

i was able to tether with pdaNet. do u guys think its a viable solution ? it worked and im not gonna tether to like stream large files its just im a mobile dj and sometimes i want to downlaod a song on my macbook while im on the road. i used to do it with my android phone and it was so easy there was even a toggle for it so with just one click i was able to get internet on any device. but yeah pdanet seems to work

12. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

Do you download the music in iTunes? I think you could download a song using iTunes on your phone, then plug it into your MacBook to sync it over.

The iPhone has a simple toggle to turn on hotspot, it just disappears for plans that don't allow it.

13. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

You need to jailbreak in order to tether with straighttalk