iPhone Theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hovscorpion12, Aug 16, 2013.

1. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I have a theory. Its way to far fetched and absurd that you would just laugh at, i know. Last year with the announcement went all gun hoe about the anodized aluminum. They boasted about the level of precision, something that looks like it came from a fine crafted watch. the whole glass and aluminum. This year Apple is going hysterical about how IOS 7 is "simple", "New". My theory is (like i said beyond far fetched) that the iPhone 5C does not exist, yet the iPhone 5S is the low cost model and the iPhone 6 is the complete redesign that fits perfectly with the redesigned iOS 7. Apple has changed in how it operates since Steve Jobs passed :(, but I don't see them going back to the iPhone 3G & 3GS plastic body. I also do not see Apple having its flagship product prancing around in gold. Apple has the appearance of status that "The rich own iPhones, the poor own the rest". Even their mac products and iPads. All of Apple's products are made from aluminum. the iPad mini's aluminum unibody, the Macbooks, the 5th gen iPod Touch. Even their old school iPods. High standards and precision. There is no way Tim cook, not even if Steve Jobs rose from his grave make this plastic phone look appealing. "The iPhone 5C, made from high end plastic." The iPhone 5S however makes more sense. Same 4' display, but we are adding colors to it. Options of black, silver. Also there is now way Apple is going to go three years of the same 8MP camera, but add 2.0 aperture. The newest rumor that the iPhone 5S will have 1GB of RAM also sort of proves something. Every year each phone from apple gets "better" in they're eyes, which points to the iPhone 6 as being the master flagship device from Apple. Increases screen size, better battery, quad core processor, 1.5 or 2GB of RAM, 12 MP camera...etc.
    Let me know what you think of my theory.

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This theory might make sense next year. S devices usually are internal upgrades. There hasn't been a hardware change for a S device, yet.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Too bad your theory doesn't include carriage returns.

4. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Here you go OP for an easier read. "Paragraphs" ;)

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Nobody is saying Apple is ditching the premium metal/glass construction. The rumored 5c is the low cost addition to the premium 5s. While Jobs would probably not have played this game, or strongly objected it, but Cook is more pragmatic. Cook would NOT say, I don't care how much it costs, but it has to be manufactured THIS WAY, like Jobs did insisted.

If Cook is indeed gunning for the emerging markets, are you aware Asians of Chinese descents (and there are at least a Billion of them) LOVE GOLD? I mean the rich have Gold Toilets for God's sake and the poor wish they are as no-taste as the rich.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Sadly, there will be a 5C. The leaks will prove it. Same leaks re: 5 last year - same design, but with a 4" display. What's odd is that there are no leaks on the 6 or 5S. Which means, the 5S will probably be the same as the 5. But at the same token, it doesn't make any sense to have both a 5C and 5S with 4" display. So maybe those theories are right. The 5C replaces the 5 and a 6 will be introduced.

7. emoore macrumors regular

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There have been hardware changes, but not big enough to notice. (better camera, extra sensors)

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Sorry I meant a noticeable change. Like the 3G with a plastic body, 4 with glass the glass and shape redesign, and the 5 with aluminum instead of glass.

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

This is obsurd! The amount of lower class badly dressed people that carry iPhones around London is proof of this... Apple products + Status Symbol = Defunct

11. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Lower class? Badly dressed? Yes because you can always judge someone's class by their clothes or phone.

The OP said expensive not upper class. The two things are completely separate. Some examples for you to google
    Wayne Rooney (rich no class)
    Paris Hilton (enough said)

12. cynics macrumors G3

I agree. Here in the states I do charity work for an organization called habitat for humanity. I can tell you first hand that no matter your income level there is always a means for someone to get an iPhone. The less fortunate have them and so do their kids....

13. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Are you suggesting theft?

14. cynics macrumors G3

Not at all. Its just a popular phone that all classes (monetary) have.

15. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The OP made the statement I set in bold, not me!

Try reading it again -

Apple has the appearance of status that "The rich own iPhones, the poor own the rest".

I am simply stating that there are poor people that own Apple products too, so the days of using the products as a symbol of wealth are over. Perhaps the OP needs correcting,,,I don't.

16. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

He mentioned wealth. You made it a class thing.

17. veneto macrumors member

I don't know. The way iOS 7 looks it looks like it would go on a plastic iPhone.

18. Motherload0211 macrumors member

Looks very good, but don't understand what you said above that makes sense. What's wrong with it.?