iPhone time 50 seconds late than my Mac´s time and my city

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BobHail, Oct 4, 2010.

1. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Both have the exact same time zones set up, but iPhone´s time is about 50 seconds late and I cannot do anything about it. Except of course manually change it, but I don´t like that idea. I would like to have the exact time automatically that my city has.

I´ve checked the main clocks also I see on the news and in buildings of my city/country and yet iPhone´s time is late.

I´ve missed the buss few times, because of this. :p

What could be the problem?

Also, can you see the seconds of the iPhone´s clock somewhere? I´d like to see them.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Manually set the time. I have the same problem too. It often thinks I'm in three different cities. I'm only laying in bed when it does go from The Colony, Coppell, or Dallas.

3. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

WTF, I can´t even set the seconds manually. There´s just the stupid wheel and I can´t set the time correctly.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

I don't know for sure, but my assumption would be that when it's set to set the time automatically it pulls it from the cell towers. They could be off a minute I suppose.

Personally I've never worried about it. My office phone is typically five minutes ahead of my office computer, which is typically within a minute of my iphone and watch (set from the clock at home that gets its time from the NIST time signal).

As for being off a minute causing you to miss the bus; you have a significantly higher opinion of the accuracy of bus driver's commitment to their schedule than I do.

5. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well just couple of weeks ago a bus left from it´s starting stop right on time, but I was late, ´cause my iPhone was on wrong time. :mad:

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s a known issue. You have to set it manually, but it’ll gradually go off sync again.

If you’re jailbroken, you can get NTPDate, and you can then easily sync your phone’s time, but it still won’t stay synced.

7. curmudgen macrumors member

Are you saying you missed a bus because your iPhone was off by less than one minute?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I believe he is. :)

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Mine used to be about a minute late, but it switched to about a minute early recently ...

I do not know why?

10. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Wow, the buses must run on a very tight schedule if you were able to miss it because of a 50 second difference.

If you are noticing such small things, you must have a lot of time on your hands. Start walking?

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I have time issues on all my Apple devices. Pretty funny when an email arrives or alert goes off, you hear it first on iPhone 4, then MacBook, then original iPhone and finally the iPad when they're all near each other.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What?
    You missed the bus for 50 secs?
    You know what happens when trying to do things last minute. In your case last second:D

13. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

lol yah.

anyway my iphone will always fix itself when connected to the internet. My 3g did it back on 2.0 so it isnt new. tho my ipad and mac have had problems in the past.

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your iPhone 4 fixes itself?

15. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually I missed the buss by about 30 seconds. I saw it leaving right under my nose.

I was right on (iPhone) time. The buss left right on time. But of course my iPhone time was wrong, so I wasn´t actually on time and I missed the buss because of it.

I set the iPhone time manually, but I noticed that after 12 hours the time is already off by few seconds. In a week/month it will be minutes off. I also read others who have to set the time manually every freaking morning, ´cause the automatic time isn´t working and manually set time isn´t working.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR IPHONE TO HAVE THE CORRECT TIME!!!!!?????

16. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

well atleast he is not asking for replacement like other people who do for stupid stuff :)

17. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Did you read my post?

18. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Buy the bus driver an iPhone.

19. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

or just get to the bus stop 2 minutes pre-schedule, like any other person.

people running towards the bus, last minute, waving their arms, screaming for the bus driver to wait is what screws up the bus schedules :p

20. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

But somewhat satisfying when you're on board with your face pressed against the glass and wearing a smug expression.

21. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes. So there is no way iPhone to have the correct time. :(

What a crappy phone! <--- Intentional troll. :p

22. ripstar709 macrumors newbie

Solution? maybe ;)

I was wondering how to sync the seconds on my Iphone so I tried a few things and then I realised this. When I changed the time on my Iphone and then came out of General settings, check the time with the clocks app the seconds started at 20 so if you use this as a starting point you can sync your clock with your pc etc.

I hope this works for you like it did for me ;)

Take it easy

Ripstar709

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. But since it doesn't look like you are interested in doing that, feel free to keep on complaining OP.:rolleyes:

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

Thank you I wasn't aware of NTPDate in Cydia. :D been a minor headache but I just planed ahead a little. :rolleyes:

25. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

My iPad is 3 minutes fast when set to set automatically.