iPhone unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slipper, Sep 4, 2012.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

I noticed the quoted advertisement below in the MR Classifieds and similar ads on Craigslist and through web searches. I was just curious if these are legit? Will Apple notice if its unlocked by a third party if i take it to the Apple Store? Will this void warranty? And how do they do this? Thanks.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Sounds like an imei unlock, but you should research to make sure.

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

It seems to be the exact same deal when i got my iPhone 4 unlocked by AT&T. The only research that seems to be available is from the websites providing this research. So my question was is this legit or will Apple void my warranty?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know if its 100% legit or a grey market type of thing. But it will be 100% factory unlocked and Apple will not void the warranty. They dont know if the carrier submitted the IMEI to the unlocked database or someone else.

5. satchow macrumors 6502

It won't void your warranty, but if you get the phone replaced I'm not sure if they'll give you a locked or unlocked phone back.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I have posted in a few thread like this....I recently used an ebay listing sold by "theunlockedclub"

it took about 2-3 hours for my phone to be unlocked and it 100% works. I gave it to my brother-in-law and he is using it on t-mobile. I had a locked att 4S

7. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

How did you get the phone unlocked?

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

they send you an email asking for the IMEI, and within an hour you get an email stating your phone has been unlocked. I backed my iphone up, restored it via itunes, and got the message in itunes stating it is unlocked.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I didn't get the message in itunes when my phone was unlocked by at&t.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

did you restore your phone? Once you restore it and then connect to itunes, it should give you a message saying the phone is unlocked.

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Yes, I restored my phone.:rolleyes: Not a newbie. I've jb and unlocked my phone and kept it that way without incident.