iphone update to 4.3.1 now wont recornise my sim or have any reception HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by velj, Apr 4, 2011.

1. velj macrumors newbie

hi everyone
    today i downloaded the new firmware 4.3.1 and installed it after that was done my phone popped up with a usb cable connecting to the itunes logo on my phone saying it did not recorgnise my sim so i took it out then put it back in again then it said it was not supported, then itunes said it was in dtu mode, so i went to restore it and then that wouldnt work, so i was reading on the internet how to fix it so i jailbroke it and that let me restore the phone to the 4.3.1 and it worked again but the sim still didnt work in it, it said i have no reception and sim isnt recognised, can some one please help me :'(

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Was your iPhone previously jailbroken and unlocked?

3. velj thread starter macrumors newbie

my iphone wasnt jailbroken befor this and it is locked to "optus" i think well i am still in my plan so i am guessing it is i havent changed sim cards or anything and my apple warranty has run out they said they will replace it with in 3 months of my new one and now i have like less then a week

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

O-kay. Weird.

I'd try putting the iPhone in DFU mode, with the SIM inside, and restore. Make sure you are in DFU (screen totally black) and not restore mode (screen has the "connect to iTunes" graphic).

5. velj thread starter macrumors newbie

restoring now, i restored it before, after i removed the jailbreak and it poped up with the itunes logo and the usb cable again, maybe this restore will fix it i hope.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If this happens again, download TinyUmbrella, or the fix recovery utility that's also on their website, and use it to kick the iPhone out of recovery (itunes plus usb logo).

7. velj thread starter macrumors newbie

ok il try that now, restoring didnt do anything

8. velj, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

velj thread starter macrumors newbie

if i change back to the 4.2.1 firmware would it fix it?

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In order to go back to 4.2.1, you would need to have saved the SHSH for it. Do you have it saved?

10. velj thread starter macrumors newbie

11. velj thread starter macrumors newbie

i also just realised it doesnt have any carrier settings or network settings enabled

12. velj thread starter macrumors newbie

i mean like there is nothing there about network settings or carrier settings its just disapeared