Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GarytheiPhonema

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2011
California
A new study found that iPhone users are happier than BlackBerry users apparently! I'm not surprised, one of my fellow CCD teachers uses a BlackBerry and always seems SO down in life and yet I'm optimistic (although I have the lord to thank :) Interesting study in any case! Do you guys find you're a happier bunch than Blackberry owners you know? :D:D:apple::eek:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/01/16/iphon...while-blackberry-users-are-down-in-the-dumps/

Psalm 67:1-2
May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Well if we are the happy ones I hate to see what those miserable blackberry users post on there forums. They must be some real *****.

Ksizzle9

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Arnezie said:
Well if we are the happy ones I hate to see what those miserable blackberry users post on there forums. They must be some real *****.

I work with a second hand cell shop here locally where I live. I've pretty much consulted with the owner since it opened on certain smart phones to buy and not to buy since its first day, as well as providing unlocks on many androids and most iPhones that are 3Gs and below, and some 4's. When I first went to the shop the owner was a doe hard android fan, as am I(still own and love my 4S the most- and a 4, and 3Gs before that) and didn't sell any iPhones. I asked him why and he said he didn't like it and therefore, wouldn't be motivated to sell it, I asked him if he likes money? Of course he said yes, so I told him I could sell a 16GB 4 at the time(ip4 was still a baby at that time) for a bare minimum of $425 in ok shape without a box. He was stunned, so I conducted a sale in his store about an hour later, much to his surprise the person was happy to buy it at that cost. Needless to say almost 2 years later the iPhone 4 is by far his best selling phone. He will buy almost any phone, dumb or smart, the one thing he won't buy is a blackberry. I'm not trying to hate bc the blackberry is a good OS, but getting behind.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Well even if many people are unhappy with their iPhones I think many iPhone users are indeed happier with their lives.

A lot of Blackberry slaves lead truly miserable lives.

surma884

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
I don't like the Blackberry OS, so yes I would be happier with an iPhone. I also don't like physical keyboards on mobile devices.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
See people on fb al the time say "iPhone or bb" then a couple of months later when they got the bb saying "**** bb, wish I'd got an iPhone"
Makes me laugh

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Whoa hold on there. Just because your fellow having BlackBerry and seems so down and miserable doesn't mean BlackBerry messing around with life.

Happy is happy even if you only use flip phone, or even no phone.
I dont like BB either but
You can have iPhone from Stuart Hughes but still feel unhappy about life.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Whoa hold on there. Just because your fellow having BlackBerry and seems so down and miserable doesn't mean BlackBerry messing around with life.

Happy is happy even if you only use flip phone, or even no phone.
I dont like BB either but
You can have iPhone from Stuart Hughes but still feel unhappy about life.

Yeah, have to agree! If someone's happiness is dependent on what phone they have, there are deep seated issues involved.

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
Wow, it must be a slow news day.
Am I the only one who doesn't care about all this Blackberry Vs. iPhone nonsense?
Plus they took this survey at CES, which means that they are more bias to love the highest end device.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah because blackberries are used more for business and iPhones are used more for leauire...

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I used to have a BlackBerry. I remember being sad and lonely all the time. But then I got an iPhone and now life is just dandy! :D

/sarcasm

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Great thread... except who cares? Let those use whatever phone they want to use... isn't that the point of having multiple devices in the market?
I used a BB for 2 years and absolutely hated it. But that is my personal opinion.. it has nothing to do with anyone here.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Well said.
But if you say Im happier using my iphone than my BB then makes sense.
The whole BB OS to me feels so 1980's :D

Thank you and that's exactly it, I'm happier with my iPhone than I was with Android. It was far too glitchy for me.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
There are happy Blackberry users just as there are miserable iPhone owners. This type of survey is a little pointless, it doesn't really go anywhere. Personally like others here, I have an intrinsic dislike of tiny little keyboards on devices. I also dislike using a stylus for input unless I'm using a drawing app.

None of these things make me miserable in any way at all. Plenty of happy people use Blackberry phones, and it's their choice. Good luck to them.

NedFlanders

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
My BlackBerry brings me mostly me grief. My iPhone is far more enjoyable to use... It has nothing to do with the fact that the BB is a work phone and the iPhone is my own. :D

developer619

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
Claifornia
Depend

It depends on nature of user as well as need, some of the business man still using blackberry because they found this cell phone is more useful for them, but for me iPhone is a best choice

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
I have a BB Curve right now. Aside from being extremely frustrated when trying to use a web browser, it's not a bad phone. I still see a great use for it in a business environment.

b24pgg

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2009
CA
If someone's happiness is dependent on what phone they have, there are deep seated issues involved.
I'm happier with my iPhone than I was with Android.
287k9le.jpg

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Why does every one here hate BB so much? Can some one please tell me?!?!
I mean I love iPhones and I would gladly pick it over BlackBerry but it isn't that bad. BB is great for businesses (including my father's mid-large size construction consultant company) and for just a general bbm/e-mail/talk & text phone. Just because it isn't Apple doesn't mean it's bad.
For the record I LOVE :apple: and I'm not hating but why does every-one else hate BB?

antseg

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
New Jersey
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah because blackberries are used more for business and iPhones are used more for leauire...

That's what I thought as well, though many companies are allowing iPhones as company phones. I highly doubt it is the phone causing "happiness", but the types of people who use them (this is probably obvious)..

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Pointless study and pointless thread. Who cares?

I had a blackberry and I was perfectly happy with my life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.