iPhone users, what headsets are you all using to listen to your music?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hcho3, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

iPhone users, what headphones or headsets are you all using. If you are using apple headsets, then don't even bother because they sound absolutely crap.

Anyone invested additional money for headphones or headsets?

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I use a nice pair of Phillips Gel in-ear earphones because I find them much more comfier to use.

The Apple earphones hurt my ears.

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Well I was using the Apple headset, but I'm hoping that Klipsch answers my email request and I'll have me a awesome pair of S5i Rugged's.

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm using Scosche IDR350md and the sound quality is good for my needs (I'm no audiophile) and for around $50 I didn't have to break the bank

5. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

I just order a pair yesterday, got a decent deal on them 15% discount from MSRP, they are due to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be pleased. Prior to my purchase I also sent Klipsch an email & communicated w/them over several days. They were quick to reply, but were not helpful as to when they would have them for sale on their web site. Strange :confused: No? Nevertheless they were quick to reply to my other questions. I also saw these locally at a Apple store Sunday. I was also interested in the a-JAYS-Four & the NOCS NS800 Stainless but couldn't wait anylonger & pulled the trigger Monday online (better deal directly from one of their distributors.)

Anyhow good luck w/Klipsch's response whatever you are seeking from them.

6. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I'm seeking a review.

7. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

Hmm, the only reviews if one can call them that are the ones I have read on Apples online store. The only other place I vaguely recall ever seeing anything was at http://www.gadgetmac.com/news/?currentPa. But it really isn't/wasn't a full blown review. Sorry I couldn't be much :( help.

8. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I have two reviews.

http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/2010/12/20/incipio-ngp-for-iphone-4.html

http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/2010/12/12/switcheasy-pure-anti-reflect-for-iphone-4.html

9. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've been using the Zagg Smartbuds and for the price, the are surprisingly good. I'm no audiophile either, and I don't listen to a lot of music using headphones/earphones, and in no way do they even come close to my Bose Quiet Comforts, but that's like comparing apples and oranges. The Zagg Smartbuds were $50, but 50% off, so $25, plus $2 shipping, so I spent a whopping $27.
    I really like the wire management system and the buds are REALLY comfortable. Plus it has the built in mic and controls.
    It's also very light and fits very comfortably in the ear using the properly chosen tips. $27 bucks well spent.

10. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

I'm rocking Audio Technica CK10s, which is more expensive than what i paid for the phone... haha.

11. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I guess I forgot to share mine.

I am using two of them.

1. Bose M2i mobile headset.

2. Bowers and Wilkins P5 headphone.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Ultimate Ears MetroFi 170vi

I've been very happy with them. Decent sound and quite durable.

Sweat while exercising hasn't caused them to short out in my 18 months-ish of use.

13. bcp23 macrumors member

+1 for the Zagg Smartbuds. I picked them up with a 50% off coupon and they are pretty good. I use them for the gym and the cord management system works well. They seem pretty durable due to the invisible shield coating over the cord.

I also picked up the M11+ from Meelectronics when they had their 20 days of Christmas deals. They got pretty good reviews but have so far been a disappointment. They aren't very loud even with the volume at a high level. Tried different tips as well.

14. deeesea macrumors 6502

Sickkkkkkk. I've never had the chance to audition them, must sound awesome.

As for me,
    I'm using a pair of SE530's or Audio Technica ATH-ESW9's.
    lol could've bought 2 iphone4's unlocked with that money :(

15. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

16. Timpaty macrumors newbie

beats by dr. dre solo HD are amazing. really good sound quality and they have a mic and audio controls i.e. volume, pause

17. Ctt713 macrumors member

I use Bowers & Wilkins P5 mainly for my home set up. For on the go I have Klipsch Custom 3s (amazing sound quality, but horrible cables) and Shure SE-315s. I'm not a beats fan. They are overpriced and are just good at pumping out bass. Looking to get some customs in the next year or two if I can afford them.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't listen to music that often on my iPhone, however, I use the stock Apple earbuds.

19. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

20. walie macrumors 6502a

etymotic mc5

the ety sound is an absolutley fresh experience with its clarity compared to fart cannons like bose and monster

21. k1ite macrumors newbie

k1ite

I still have my Portapro's from 4 years ago and they have been rocking still to this day. I've dropped them in puddles and it still had life in them. I know they have a life time warranty but never had to use it yet.

22. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

Skullcandy Ink'd, looking for a new earbud, maybe Sennheiser CX300, the bass in Skullcandy gives me a light headache.

23. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

amazon had some ultimate ear triple fi 10's for under $100 shipped

eBay scalpers got tons of them so you can find them for $125-150 shipped

I got mine over a year ago for $200 and replaced the cable with the inline remote

highly recommended, nothing comes close to the clarity of 3 drivers

24. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Stock Apple earbuds for me. I've gotten used to then though I do use other headphones I have lying around when I'm in the mood.