• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Shadowbech

macrumors 604
Oct 18, 2011
iPad because I already have an iPhone 4S. I would keep both. iPad for games, iPhone for calling, texting.

Comment

techiegeek1225

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
iPad!

Yeah, I'd choose iPad too! iBooks and gaming, yeah. But, the sad part is microsoft isn't part of it. Who cares if it is free, hahaha! In my dreams!

Comment

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
For this to be fair, let's assume I own neither...

I would pick the iPhone. It's something I can take with me easily everywhere. iPad, no so much. iPad (tablets in general) also aren't the most convenient devices in the world when you are out and about.

Comment

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Probably the iPad. As awesome as the iPhone is the iPad is incredibly versatile.

Comment

jdlindsey7

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
I own the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, but if I owned neither I would choose the iPad without hesitation. The iPad is in a league of its own while their are plenty of other phones that are as good, if not better, than the iPhone. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Lioncrazz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
Definitely the iPhone. I can take it everywhere and thus I can have it do everything I need it to. It runs my work schedule, it entertains me with movies, tv shows, music, and games, it runs my social schedule with beautiful and easy to use apps that I actually enjoy using to communicate, i can use it to always have accurate info (scores, showtimes, news alerts) and it has so many great little uses that I love to always have in my pocket such as a calculator, flashlight, camera, GPS (WAZE), radio (PANDORA/SPOTIFY), etc.

No comparison in my opinion because of the portability.

Comment

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I've got both. My PC has been out of commission for a few weeks and I've had to live with the iPad for Internet and let me tell you, I've grown to hate the damn thing. At best, it's a half-assed imitation of a proper laptop.

Large part of the web doesn't work on an iPad, the keyboard sucks when you know how to type, but are forced to hunt and peck and nothing even comes close to being able to use a proper, accurate pointing device like a mouse. I won't even go into how you can't play any decent games on the thing.

SO, I'd take the iPhone and get a proper laptop.

Last edited:
Comment

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
iPad because I already have an iPhone 4S. I would keep both. iPad for games, iPhone for calling, texting.

Ipad already have a iPhone.

Well seeing as you went out of your way to actually buy the iphone over the ipad (not given for free lol), seems you both ultimately choose the phone and would even pay for the ability to have it haha

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.