iPhone versus iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiegeek1225, Jul 5, 2012.

1. techiegeek1225 macrumors member

Question:

iPhone VS iPad, if given to you for free, which would you grab? :confused: Tell me why! :D

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

iPad because I already have an iPhone 4S. I would keep both. iPad for games, iPhone for calling, texting.

3. techiegeek1225 thread starter macrumors member

iPad!

Yeah, I'd choose iPad too! iBooks and gaming, yeah. But, the sad part is microsoft isn't part of it. Who cares if it is free, hahaha! In my dreams!

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

For this to be fair, let's assume I own neither...

I would pick the iPhone. It's something I can take with me easily everywhere. iPad, no so much. iPad (tablets in general) also aren't the most convenient devices in the world when you are out and about.

5. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Probably the iPad. As awesome as the iPhone is the iPad is incredibly versatile.

6. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

iPad. I would take a free iPhone though...and sell it.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

8. jdlindsey7 macrumors regular

I own the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, but if I owned neither I would choose the iPad without hesitation. The iPad is in a league of its own while their are plenty of other phones that are as good, if not better, than the iPhone. Just my thoughts.

9. Lioncrazz macrumors member

Definitely the iPhone. I can take it everywhere and thus I can have it do everything I need it to. It runs my work schedule, it entertains me with movies, tv shows, music, and games, it runs my social schedule with beautiful and easy to use apps that I actually enjoy using to communicate, i can use it to always have accurate info (scores, showtimes, news alerts) and it has so many great little uses that I love to always have in my pocket such as a calculator, flashlight, camera, GPS (WAZE), radio (PANDORA/SPOTIFY), etc.

No comparison in my opinion because of the portability.

10. Sedrick, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I've got both. My PC has been out of commission for a few weeks and I've had to live with the iPad for Internet and let me tell you, I've grown to hate the damn thing. At best, it's a half-assed imitation of a proper laptop.

Large part of the web doesn't work on an iPad, the keyboard sucks when you know how to type, but are forced to hunt and peck and nothing even comes close to being able to use a proper, accurate pointing device like a mouse. I won't even go into how you can't play any decent games on the thing.

SO, I'd take the iPhone and get a proper laptop.

11. chokem macrumors 6502

I have both a 4S and an iPad3. If given the choice I would take the iPad 3.

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Well seeing as you went out of your way to actually buy the iphone over the ipad (not given for free lol), seems you both ultimately choose the phone and would even pay for the ability to have it haha