iPhone Vibrates Twice on New Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blizzardman, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Blizzardman macrumors regular

Ever since I got the iPhone 4 whenever I receive an email I get an initial vibrate as it shows up in my Gmail Inbox and then shortly after receive a second vibrate when it goes into my All Inbox. I know for some this might be a good thing but it is a bit annoying after a while. I tried doing a restore but it still happens and doesn't seem to be happening on anyone elses iPhone 4 that I know. Anyone experience this problem and find a solution?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Have you got Gmail set up as an exchange server? If so, go into the settings and make sure that under "Mail Folders to Push" you only have Inbox selected and not All Mail.

3. Blizzardman thread starter macrumors regular

I did have it set up as you said and the changes seemed to fix it thanks :).

4. huskerchad macrumors regular

I had the same thought. Even if this isn't the issue, I don't think it's the unified inbox doing a second vibrate--my mail shows up simultaneously in the specific inbox and the unified inbox.

5. bluesxtreme macrumors member

If you have several folders synced with exchange it will sound twice because it's syncing once with the inbox and second time with your other folders.

6. virtualAThome macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me from yesterday and then I realized, I had installed Gmail app and the second sound is from it :). If it bothers you you can disabled it in notification center in settings.