iPhone Vodafone Unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KaPOWitsCHRIS, Jun 23, 2012.

1. KaPOWitsCHRIS macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

So my contact expires soon and I am going to jump ship to Orange however there is a problem, my phone is locked to Vodafone.

I tried the unlock request form on Vodafone's website but it came back saying the IMEI number doesn't match their records. I was puzzled by this as I had typed it in perfectly, then I remembered that I had my original iPhone that I purchased from Vodafone replaced by Apple after the lock button became stuck.

So obviously Vodafone have no record of this phone being sold to me on my account which means I can't request them to unlock it.

What can I do?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Have you tried calling them an explaining the issue?

3. KaPOWitsCHRIS thread starter macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

Not yet.

1. Call centres are closed atm

2. Lots of reports recently of Vodafone CS being a nightmare to deal with so I'm trying to avoid ringing them unless I absolutely have to

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Well, I have never had vodafone, nor ever been to the UK (but I plan to on the latter), but if I had a similar issue with AT&T I feel like a call is the best way to go. Doesn't sound like any form of automated method would work. I suppose you could try giving Apple a call too, but I wouldn't expect much from them to be honest.

5. KaPOWitsCHRIS thread starter macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

Ok thank you. I shall give them a ring tomorrow.