iPhone Voicemail Constantly Making Me Reclick To View or Listen To... So Fed Up!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freakonomics101, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Okay, this has been happening on iOS 9.3.5 and beyond, and I'm on 10.2.1 now. No matter what I do, it happens. A fresh start on an iPhone doesn't help it go away.

I go to click the message to either read the text or listen to and it goes back up so I click it again and view it and it does it again. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I'm getting so fed up with it, but I refuse to use YouMail or anything like that because it's not at all the same.

I need some suggestions because I feel like I've tried everything. I spend a good 2-3 minutes on doing this until it finally stops and allows me to listen to or read the message.

Thanks!

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I noticed the same thing, seems to be an issue with the transcription (imo). It usually takes me about 10 seconds to get passed this issue though.

3. Freakonomics101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Well I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with the problem. I couldn't figure out why it's been happening. If it was only me, I would have no idea what it could be.

4. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

I hit a voicemail to listen to it and then it de-selects it. Same thing happens over and over. It shouldn't be this difficult!!!

5. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I have this problem too. Happens over and over again. Not sure if it is to do with the VM transcription.

6. rosewood68, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017

rosewood68 macrumors newbie

Same problem. I thought it was because I have 5s. Glad to know I am not alone but why don't they fix it. I keep trying each new update since ios 9.3.5 in hopes it is fixed but all I get is more useless emojis and no fix to a basic function that I use.

7. rachelsgoldens macrumors member

8. Freakonomics101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

I've submitted three bug reports but no fix yet.

9. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's not just you.

Thankfully, I don't use my phone as a phone as much as I used to. Otherwise, it would be far more irksome.

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Breath... it's not a huge deal. Tap it one time, if it does it don't tap it again for a few seconds..... let it do it's thing.

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Same thing here. Definitely a transcription issue. You could always turn off transcription and just listen to your voicemail like in the good ole days.

13. Freakonomics101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Well if it's a super important message that you can't wait to hear (family emergency), then doing this will be pretty infuriating.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Are you saying that it's the transcription service causing the playback issues? Is this documented elsewhere or your suspicion?

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Strong suspicion. Try disabling it and see.

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Will do. Thanks.

17. Defthand macrumors 6502

Yes! In the name of God, where do you turn it off ?

None of my voicemail messages are accurately transcribed. And as you noted, the feature interferes with basic voicemail performance. I pleaded with Apple not to release the feature—even as a beta—until it works, but I imagine the AI behind it needs exposure to real world recordings to learn. Personally, I'll bet transcripts won’t be of much use to most people. Surprised Apple suspects otherwise.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Dang. Turns out you can't turn it off right now. (Apple still considers it a beta feature.) I guess it was only when the whole OS was in beta that you could turn this on our off.

19. AFDoc macrumors 68030

If you can't wait the few seconds it takes for the message to be available there are bigger things going on in your life than not being able to hear/see a message on your phone.

It happens to me..... probably to most.... it's not a huge deal. Apple will fix it eventually then you folks going off about it will have to find another thing to occupy your time.

20. rachelsgoldens macrumors member

Nobody seems to be "going off" about it. OP was just stating a bug and seeing if anyone else was having the problem. People are stating that they are and it is annoying to them as well. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update. Don't see anyone threatening to move to Android over it lol

21. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Ummmmmm they made a thread about it and many people stated how annoying it was..... You call that what you want.

22. Freakonomics101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Actually it's well more than a few seconds. And when someone has a family member in the hospital who is not in good condition, the anticipation is awful. If you don't have 5 hours to attempt to open up and keep the voicemail message open to listen to it but also can't call them back in a situation like that (because of being at work), then yeah I guess I live a sad freaking life.

Just because you have no family or friends that are in the hospital and can't call back or talk on the phone right away, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Voice mail messages help keep me up to date. Y...M...M...V.

Next time you want to pass judgment without knowing what's going on, don't say anything.

23. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

What carrier do you use?

24. Freakonomics101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Verizon.