iPhone warranty question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I bought a iPhone 4S last year on launch day in October, I recently got it replaced at my local Apple store because of a fault. It was free, under warranty etc.

I just put the serial into Apple's website to see exactly when the warranty runs out and it says January 2013. I thought it would be October.

Anyone know why this is? Something about the replacement I'm missing perhaps?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

They typically give you a 90 day warranty on a replacement. So October + 3 months from your original warranty would be January....at least that is what it looks like they did.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hmm that might be an error in your favor on Apple's part. I think the 90 days extra is only if your warranty expires before the 90 days would be up. Looks like they just tacked it on at the end :)

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

same thing happened to me with applecare+...They replaced a phone because of a volume issue (didn't have to use my applecare+), but they extended it out 2 years from the date of the new replacement which was 8 months into the applcare+