iPhone warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dima470, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My iPhone 4 has 2 defects. A yellow tinted screen and a blue camera. And it has just became slower from lots or jailbreaking and restoring.I am going to the genius bar tomarrow to replace my iPhone. Will they directly give me a new iPhone 4 32GB? Or do they have to order it? Do they have them in stock?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It will depend on the store.

You won't receive a new unit right off the shelf (i.e. it won't come with the cables, manuals, box, etc.). The Genius Bar stocks distinct replacement units. If your phone is determined to have a hardware defect, then they will hand you a new phone identical to your own (if they have them in stock, and I suspect they will), and you'll be on your way.

Have you tried restoring the phone recently? (The Geniuses like to hear that you have, to rule out any possible software bug.) Also, make sure that the phone isn't currently jailbroken.

Good luck!