iPhone Warranty

iPhalandrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
i was just wondering if any happen to know if apple will replace your iPhone for free anytime within the first year? i'm just wondering because depending of what case i get...i would like to know exactly how careful i need to be. :)

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2011
i was just wondering if any happen to know if apple will replace your iPhone for free anytime within the first year? i'm just wondering because depending of what case i get...i would like to know exactly how careful i need to be. :)
if your phone isn't damaged bad, like a crack in the glass, maybe slight liquid...you shoud get a new one for 200....if it's destroyed then prolly gotta buy new one. or if its passed just get a new sim card

Sedulous

Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Also, if you notice and report issues Apple will sometimes replace a phone even outside warranty. Also true of their other products. On balance, Apple has been very good to me.

zigzagg321

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
the wire
For a manufacturer defect, yes. If you drop the phone and the display cracks, no. What warranty that you know of covers things that only insurance covers?

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
No, they will never warranty your phone. They will replace the case it it fails in the warranty period.

AndreasDK

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
Also, if you notice and report issues Apple will sometimes replace a phone even outside warranty. Also true of their other products. On balance, Apple has been very good to me.
I have also had positive experiences with Apple :)

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Apple has the best warranty in The industry no other manufacture comes close Apple will replace your phone on the spot for hardware issues. I have only had good experiences when dealing with Apple warranty.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.2 Whether you use your iPhone with a Mac or a PC, just one phone call can help resolve most issues"...(Word For Word from Apple's Website) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.