iPhone Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhalandrew, Jan 27, 2012.

1. iPhalandrew macrumors member

i was just wondering if any happen to know if apple will replace your iPhone for free anytime within the first year? i'm just wondering because depending of what case i get...i would like to know exactly how careful i need to be. :)

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

if your phone isn't damaged bad, like a crack in the glass, maybe slight liquid...you shoud get a new one for 200....if it's destroyed then prolly gotta buy new one. or if its passed just get a new sim card

3. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Also, if you notice and report issues Apple will sometimes replace a phone even outside warranty. Also true of their other products. On balance, Apple has been very good to me.

4. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

For a manufacturer defect, yes. If you drop the phone and the display cracks, no. What warranty that you know of covers things that only insurance covers?

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

No, they will never warranty your phone. They will replace the case it it fails in the warranty period.

6. AndreasDK macrumors newbie

I have also had positive experiences with Apple :)

7. roberthodgson macrumors regular

Apple has the best warranty in The industry no other manufacture comes close Apple will replace your phone on the spot for hardware issues. I have only had good experiences when dealing with Apple warranty.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.2 Whether you use your iPhone with a Mac or a PC, just one phone call can help resolve most issues"...(Word For Word from Apple's Website) :cool: