iphone will not stay associated with itunes for wifi sync...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carboncow, Nov 26, 2011.

1. carboncow macrumors member

I got a new refurb iphone 4 two weeks ago due to a bad home button on my old phone.

Since then I've had the hardest time getting wifi sync with itunes to work again only for this phone.

I can sync via the cable but as soon as I disconnect the icon for my phone disappears from itunes. If I try to manually force via the phone for wifi sync it says it will sync once it finds my imac.

1. Yes sync to wifi is checked
    2. We have reinstalled itunes on Lion
    3. two ipods and my wifes iphone are seen in the view but not my phone
    4. Yes our AirPort Extreme has been restarted as well as the imac
    5. We've restored my phone 101 times
    6. We setup my phone as a new phone and still it disconnects

Any other suggestions? I believe the fact my old phone was restored to my new phone has it looking for the unique identifier that would tell everyone it's on the wifi network (bonjour?) and I don't see how this unique ID could be deleted in favor of the new phone.

Before you suggest items such as firewalls, restarting something else make note our two ipads and my wives phone all update via wifi just fine...

try me!

Attached Files:

2. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Having the same problem

3. carboncow thread starter macrumors member

Before I get 101 people jumping on stating they are having the same issue...can we be more specific as we try to troubleshoot?

1. Did you get a 2nd phone too?
    2. Or is you issue never getting wifi sync to work from day one? (as many report)
    3. Do you show other devices syncing to itunes wireless too with no issue but one device showing this behavior?

Since I"m only 15 minutes from a couple Apple stores I think I may pay them a visit tomorrow.

4. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Same situation. Just got a 4s upgrade from iPhone 4. iPad, wife's iPhone and sons iPod touch sync fine. It seems to be just my iPhone. I did a restore and set up as new phone and still can't get to wifi sync. The option is checked.

5. LithePanther macrumors 6502

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I just got my iPhone 4S replaced the other day and don't have any issues with wifi sync with new phone.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Searching around there are other folks reporting the same issue.

Just wifi questions: Any wifi issues with the phone itself? You're able to join and stay joined to the desired wifi network? No advanced configuration issues like MAC address filtering or conflicting static IP addys?

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Obvious question, but when you have it connected did you check the square marked "sync with this iPhone over wifi" on the summery screen in iTunes?

9. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

No other wifi issues

10. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Yes the box is checked