iPhone with SIM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orr971, Mar 10, 2013.

1. orr971 macrumors member

orr971

Hello. I have a question.

When I got my iPhone 5, it came in a box, brand new with wraps arround the box.
    But 2 problems though:
    1. It had no SIM-opener or however this metal needle is called. In the bix, in this manyal thing, it had no place for it to be stucked to!
    2. It already HAD a SIM (Nano SIM) inside of it.....

What possible explenations can it have? Sim inside a brand new iPhone and a missing piece in the box?

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

That sounds right. The iPhones no longer come with a sim-removal pin, and all devices include a micro/nano sim inside, regardless if the card is already activated or not.

3. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

But I dont live in the US. The iPhone was brought to me, but with no AT&T plan so there is no reason for it to come with a SIM inside.
    And the iPhones DO come with this needle these days. Fact: my brother got an iPhone 5 a week before me, and he had it. Also, he had no sim inside of it.
    What's the explanation?

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Maybe this thread will help explain it. Look at post #15. Perhaps US and international iPhones are different. All 3 of our AT&T iPhone 5's came with unactivated sims and no eject tools. It's really not a big deal...

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

In the US, iPhones no longer come with a sim-eject tool. We use paper clips. Ur phone was brand new, and there is no crazy explanation. Move on and enjoy.

6. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

7. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

For what it's worth. The phone would have been bought in the US but imported and then sold on by a third party. That's why the packaging is "American style" or whatever you wish to call it.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

the iPhone which are bought from apple store as factory unlocked come with no SIM and it has SIM Tray Opening Tool. i am saying this as i bought my iPhone 5 without contract from AT&T and it came with sim and no sim tray opening tool. on the other hand i bought my wife's iPhone 5 from UK apple store as factory unlocked. it came with no sim and it had the sim openin tool.