iPhone won't synch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tac73cle, Jul 1, 2012.

1. tac73cle macrumors newbie

I was attempting to synch my iPhone 4. I got a message which said there is not enough room on my iPhone to download everything I have (my phone in normally very close to maxed out with less than 1Gb free. The phone is 32Gb).

First I got a message that settings on the phone had changed (?). Then i got a message saying I need an additional 17.7 Gb of memory! I've added no content recently, and definitely not since the last time it synched.

When looking at itunes, it says my music library is about 2080 songs (about right), but it now takes up almost twice as much memory. itunes shows 25 Gb of music. I don't have nearly that much. I checked the other media to see if movies, etc. somehow got included, but nope, all the settings are the same.

The only other oddity was that when I synced this time, I got the notification that a new version of itunes was available and I downloaded that while the phone was synching (I assumed that was the source of the message saying settings had changed).

Any ideas what I can do, short of wiping the phone and starting over? That operation takes my about 8 hours that I don't have the use of my phone. I'd rather avoid that if there is another alternative.

Thanks for any input.

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Try unchecking sync boxes of videos, music, orderly until you find what is eating your memory.