iPhone X-Apple Store Somerset Collection, Troy, MI

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by SaintsMac, Oct 27, 2017.

1. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

Anyone planning on lining up here or one of the other close by Apple Stores?

2. MattAShine macrumors newbie

MattAShine

Yes, either at Somerset or Clinton Township. I've heard horror stories about Somerset from the 2013 or 2014 lines, where it was pouring rain and security refused entry until 6am. Clinton Township I did the line for the iPhone 6 and, while it's an outdoor mall, security let us line up at midnight and people were generally pretty cool about allowing people to leave to go to the bathroom or do Walmart runs for supplies and not lose their place.

Unless people say Somerset had better lines for the 6S lineup, will prob do Clinton again (though I've heard they normally get less supply).

3. SaintsMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have heard some stories about Somerset as well so Clinton may not be a bad option.

4. riekl macrumors member

Partridge creek in Clinton is not allowing anyone to lineup until 4am this year they are calling the police on people who won’t leave

5. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Guys any word on how the lines are at Somerset?

6. riekl macrumors member

Just left somerset no lines there either until 6 only option is to rush the doors

7. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

WOW really ??

That doesn't make sense.. at some point they can start a line outside the mall no? What door would be best to get to the Apple Store ?

8. SaintsMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone have an update on the lines at either Partridge or Somerset?

9. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Went to the mall and got there around 7:30 AM, about 100 ppl ahead of me. They came around taking reservations, and I got a spot.. Doors opened at 8am, we were in for a long wait.

In the corner of my Eye, I saw a store opening its doors as well... it was AT&T.. Told the fella in line next to me, you'll remember me if I come back, right, he said off course..

I didn't go back! Im actually home now (live about 25 mins away), when I left the ATT store (which was a 45 mins later) the guys I was in line with had barely moved..

10. SaintsMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good call by you! I stopped by the Somerset Apple store yesterday to pick up a wireless charger and an associate there told me that they have had lines every morning so far.

11. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Wow!

Which charger did you pick up? Also you wouldn't have happen to notice them selling/applying the Belkin screen protectors?