iPhone X - Atlanta

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by deuk1219, Nov 1, 2017.

1. deuk1219 macrumors regular

Hi all,

Which Atlanta metro Appple Store is everyone planning to camp out at? I was thinking about heading to Cumberland around 11pm-12am... but heard that the mall security won't let anyone line up until the morning... There's also the new store at Avalon, which I assume will have pretty good stock. Trying to avoid Lenox (although I live in walking distance) because of the long long long lines... Would I be considered early and pretty safe if I get to a store around midnight?

2. rbramseyjr macrumors newbie

hey! i was planning on going to lenox, but i've never lined up before for a release. unlike a lot of apple stores in outside malls / stand alone stores, i'm a bit unsure how they will handle letting people in overnight / super early in the AM.

have you done this before? any tips or advice?

3. yang88she macrumors regular

I have an appt at the MOG location for 2:00pm, not sure how this works, since this is the first time I'm actually picking up an iPhone on release day at Apple. Thought about preparing some snacks, bringing a small foldable chair, macbook, ipad etc. to keep me entertained if I have to wait long.

4. rbramseyjr macrumors newbie

just talked to ryan in management of lenox, here's the deal: no one is allowed on the premises before 6AM or they will be issuing tickets for trespassing. at 6AM they will be letting people in through the macy's entrance on the top deck by the pink pig. this is a bit of a relief as i wasn't super exited about waiting overnight in the cold, but this also means more competition lol. i already preordered my iphone 256GB space grey with delivery on nov 3, but my boyfriend really wants one as well and i'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

5. deuk1219, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

deuk1219 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh goodness, that sounds like a nightmare, as it would be literally a foot race to the doors... A big gamble and I could end up being first or 100th in line.

Edit: I might try my luck at the new Avalon store. Usually the North Point mall location is the least chaotic... I'm sure their new location will draw a larger crowd, but still I think a lot of ATL folks don't even know about the store yet!

6. Devinaire macrumors newbie

I’m thinking Avalon cause it’s outside get there early Thursday night/Friday morning. Lol not tryna risk it.

7. deuk1219 thread starter macrumors regular

Heads up, I just asked Avalon management, and they won't let anyone camp out overnight on their property and will only allow people to line up starting early in the morning.

8. yang88she macrumors regular

no surprise there, property management seems pretty strict...minus the whole plastic container alcohol rule lol

9. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

That's so lame. it's part of Apple tradition the lines.

10. Devinaire macrumors newbie

Thanx for the heads up guess I’ll be there close to midnight and hangout.

11. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I agree with the North Point location. Cumberland has been strict in the past about lining up early.

12. BITEMEAPPLESIGN macrumors member

BITEMEAPPLESIGN

I used to line up at Lenox all of the time. This is true, HOWEVER, a line is usually formed on Lenox Rd. right across from the AT&T Store and the Marriott Hotel, I've seen people line up there as early as Noon on the day before release, aka Today. Usually at around 6AM, Mall security and Apple Store employees will walk the line up to the parking deck, and then eventually into the mall.

It's something I would scope out before making a decision.

13. Devinaire macrumors newbie

So no one has lined up at Lenox. The At&T Store across the street is getting a shipment they said at least one case in each storage capacity so around 40-50 phones overall. I went ahead and started a line, I’m off and don’t have anything better to do so I’ll be here lol

14. rbramseyjr macrumors newbie

hrmm... good to know. thanks for the heads up!

nice! that's a good sign, but i'm hoping for an unlocked verizon which will probably be very popular. fingers crossed things don't get too crazy by 5AM when i get there.

15. whtrbt7 macrumors 65816

I’m at the Avalon store right now setting up an informal queue. For anyone that’s coming to Avalon, we can meet up. Keep in mind that you can’t be in front of the store until 4AM but we will be organized for the line there.

16. ylombardi macrumors newbie

I’m going to Avalon too. How are you setting this informal queue up?

17. deuk1219 thread starter macrumors regular

I will be there too. Where are you setting up the 'informal' queue?

18. whtrbt7 macrumors 65816

We have currently set up the informal queue since 2PM today in front of the Apple Store. We will be moving to the parking lot when security comes later tonight and then we will shift back once it is closer to time. Come join us!

19. deuk1219 thread starter macrumors regular

How many people there at the queue currently?

20. whtrbt7 macrumors 65816

21. deuk1219 thread starter macrumors regular

Dang, that’s more than I expected. Hopefully they’ll have the model that I want if I make it in line by midnight...

22. TigerFanAU68, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

TigerFanAU68 macrumors newbie

How many do y’all have now? I am going to try to get there around 5a. And where are you gathering? Have you been told what time you can start the “official” line at the store?

23. whtrbt7 macrumors 65816

We are up to 21 right now. Official line starts at 4AM.

24. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

25. ylombardi macrumors newbie

I'm heading to Avalon, where are you guys at?