iPhone X - Bellevue, WA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Applewatcher1234, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Applewatcher1234 macrumors newbie

Who has a game plan on camping?

The Apple Store said no one is allowed on mall property until 6:30am. Let's work together to make this meetup happen. Any ideas on where to camp during the night?

2. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

I'm looking to get one on launch day as well. I have the online order but delayed till Nov 17-24. Always got it on launch day expect this time, I'm worried if coming around 6 am will be early enough to guarantee an iPhone X on launch day.
    So people just rush in when the mall doors open at 6.30 am?

I'm also looking at University village store if that's a better option since that's not inside the mall.

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I won't be able to make it to this year's launch as I was unable to get in-store pickup and I'll be working when the store opens anyway, but when I picked up my 6 Plus on launch day last year, I got to Bellevue Square around 6, and there was already a massive, massive line going around the exterior of the mall. The line then migrated inside around 8. Definitely no rushing, so hopefully they'll be doing it the same way tomorrow morning.

4. samashah macrumors newbie

samashah

I don't have any camping equipment or anything but I do plan on getting to the store late night or early morning.. Its just raining, and I am not sure how the space for standing/sitting is. This is my first time.

Does anyone of you have a plan?

5. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

First time for me also and still not sure if I want to stand in line. Was planning to line up around 4 or 5 but not sure if that's going to be enough.

6. samashah macrumors newbie

samashah

Right, I am okay to be there at 3. But I don't know how the area is.

The other guy said that there was a massive line at 6 AM one time he went
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Do you mean to say that getting there even at 6 AM worked for you? Did you get a less popular 6 Plus or something ? Like 128 GB?
    Do people typically line up at the Nordstrom entrance?

7. MyAbility macrumors newbie

I just went to the University Village store. They said they aren't doing walk-ins for the whole weekend. Same deal with Bellevue. The people turning up with chairs and tents are being told to go home.

8. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I should probably have clarified that I was there to pick up a preorder. Based on the number of people in line when I got there, you probably had to have started some sort of line the evening before.

9. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

Wow ok thanks for the update, saved me a trip
    I think I'll just wait out couple of weeks before my online order delivers. Apple will probably ship early anyway so might get early as well.

10. Applewatcher1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Take what he said with a grain of salt....

Tim Cook said it was going to be limited but in store, avlaiabity was confirmed. 9to5mac also confirmed this ages ago:
    https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/24/iphone-x-in-store-availability/

For Bellevue here is an update:

The line starts at lower sky bridge 2 outside north face.

Be wary of people who try to spread misinformation simply to gain for themselves.

11. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

Ah ok thanks, that's what I was wondering. Thanks for the update. I haven't still watched stranger things 2, so think will download and reach there early morning and do some binge watching while waiting in the line.

12. Applewatcher1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great show btw... Also, check out Beyond Stranger Things after you finish season 2.

13. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

Thanks will do.. Are you planning to line up? If so what time are you thinking of going?

14. peaviner macrumors newbie

I’m getting the same story. An AT&T store said they don’t know what stock they will have. Alderwood Apple said low/no walk-in stock, just for pre-orders. Called Bellevue and it was the same, no guaranty they’ll have walk-in stock. I think I’ll just swing by a few stores in the AM and see if I get lucky.

15. agirton macrumors regular

Ya I will second that. They said there will be walk-up phones and there will be. don't believe the disinformation.

16. Applewatcher1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure yet but If I go then early. I just don't think Bellevue security is going to budge on being on private property before they open. So I'm still figuring out plans to stay close but elsewhere.

17. MyAbility macrumors newbie

Then call the store. I was just trying to be nice and let people know what I was told directly by 2 employees at the Apple store. Otherwise I'd still be there waiting outside.

18. Applewatcher1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, no disrespect man we understand you tried and you probably explained thing precisely as they happened. The only thing is these stores are told to tell customer these canned responses to make sure they don't get swamped on launch. Secondly, most people in the product zone don't have insights into inventory as it's outside the scope of their role.
    Trust me here.. this is not my first rodeo.
    You should come stand in line with all of us it will be fun =)

19. MyAbility, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2017

MyAbility macrumors newbie

Here is the business card of the guy that told me:

20. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

What about waiting in the car in the parking lot? They won't allow that as well?

21. Applewatcher1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

The parking deck is private property as well. You will need to be creative here unfortunately.. DO NOT park at the Starbucks off of NE 8th st and 102nd AVE NE ..across the street from the mall as they ticket super fast.

22. samashah macrumors newbie

samashah

Hey. Thanks for the info.

You personally visited the store and they were asking people with tents to leave? Wow that sucks for us
    Are you coming in?

I am thinking to go to a bar nearby thats open till 2 am. Then spend like a couple hours inside QFC lol. And thn get into line.

What do you guys think ?
    I am going to the Bellevue store right now and see if they are allowing walk ins or not

My guess is most people don’t preorder and they just line up and walk in
    Looks like you’re coming in. What are your plans? Do u have anything creative. Its crazy cold

23. samashah macrumors newbie

samashah

Hey, are you going?

24. bhatech macrumors newbie

bhatech

Please update if you see any line ups etc. Man they can let us just park our cars for one day and just let us line up.