iPhone X- Boston

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Mangos86, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mangos86 macrumors member

anyone thinking of lining up in the Boston area? I might go to the Hingham location.

2. rbalkun macrumors regular

rbalkun

I'm curious when the line will start up on Boylston St.

3. smackie846 macrumors newbie

I was thinking of Hingham as well, thinking the South Shore Plaza might be too chaotic. Does anyone know how early people usually line up for these releases?

4. iasix macrumors member

5. smackie846 macrumors newbie

You may want to contact the apple store at that location for details on where to line up. Some, if not all, retail locations say they will be opening at 8 A.M. on Nov 3rd for the release

6. Mangos86 thread starter macrumors member

Just spoke with someone at the Hingham location. No idea on stock. No one in line yet.

7. smackie846 macrumors newbie

Hopefully they get a good number of phones, I'd hate to get there early and line up then be turned away. Think 5am would be a good time?

8. Mangos86 thread starter macrumors member

She guessed I’d be pretty safe around midnight. I really haven’t the slightest idea. Never lined up for anything before.

9. smackie846 macrumors newbie

Me either! Thinking 3/4AM is the earliest I'd go, will update the forum about the line when I get there. Social media will probably be helpful too in seeing if the stores front gets packed.

10. rbalkun macrumors regular

rbalkun

Well Boylston the line is around the corner already

11. smackie846 macrumors newbie

crazy

12. Mangos86 thread starter macrumors member

Just called the derby street location again. Apparently mall security won’t even let anyone line up until 1am. Which seems weird because it’s an outdoor store.

13. smackie846 macrumors newbie

Hingham line is only about 50 people currently, extends from the storefront to Victoria’s Secret at the derby street shoppes

14. rbalkun macrumors regular

rbalkun

I'm not sure about Boylston but from other smaller stores I heard they got around 300 units for walk ins, who knows though. The fact that around 300 got stolen from the San Francisco mall with those being for walk-ins was probably a good sign of a lot of stock being distributed.

15. iasix macrumors member

16. iasix macrumors member

Just giving you a headsup: I figured I'd take my chances and walked in at Galleria mall at 8.20 and was able to reserve a space grey 256.