iPhone X - Connecticut

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Louxo, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Louxo macrumors member

Hey, just wondering if anyone is waiting in line in Connecticut. I live in Hartford so Evergreen Walk & Westfarms Apple Store locations are both close by! (Westfarms is closer) does anyone here have any experience with either?

I have a December ship date but with an iPhone 6 in hand I'd rather try to get the X on Launch day. Thanks :)

2. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

I've never bought in-store on launch day before, but I'm going to try at Evergreen Walk tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you there.

It looks like they don't open until 10AM, so I'm just going to take an early lunch and see if I'm lucky enough to snag one.

3. Louxo thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i was thinking of evergreen walk myself simply because many people don't know that store is even there. It isn't a high traffic area. But I'm sure westfarms will get much more stock than evergreen !

4. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

Just FYI, I called Evergreen Walk and they are opening at 8AM tomorrow morning.

5. GoIdeneye macrumors regular

GoIdeneye

I was thinking about heading to Evergreen walk, but I feel like there's probably a line formed already.

6. ricknologic macrumors member

ricknologic

I'm in Milford, divided between New Haven and Trumbull.. any suggestions? it's my first time in CT

7. GoIdeneye macrumors regular

GoIdeneye

None. I feel like the closer the stores are to larger cities the more people will be there. I heard target may be getting a few. I may try my luck there around opening time

8. rbalkun macrumors regular

rbalkun

Evergreen walk is a pretty good choice for launch day, everyone forgets about it for some reason ‍♂️

9. ricknologic macrumors member

ricknologic

Yeah and they apparently got a decent amount of stock..

10. punkrockdoc macrumors newbie

11. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

I just talked to the manager at Evergreen Walk, they have a line of 100+ people.

I don't think I'll be getting my iPhone over lunch, but I'll give it a shot.

12. Hollow Man macrumors regular

Hollow Man

Three hour wait in New Haven, but they say everyone currently in line will get a phone. Nice day to wait though! I have to go back to work, so will wait on my 2-3 week pre-order.

-HM

13. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

Just got back from Evergreen Walk with a 64GB Space Gray! It was under a 2 hour wait, and a beautiful day to be outside.

When I got inside they had everything but 256 and 64 Space Gray for Verizon.

14. Hollow Man macrumors regular

Hollow Man

A number of stores in CT have them available for purchase online for in store pickup. So I canceled my preorder, and now will pick up my AT&T Space Grey 256 in Trumbull. Good luck everyone!

-HM

15. Hollow Man macrumors regular

Hollow Man

Out of stock now of my model in a lot of CT stores, but it probably varies based on color, capacity and carrier.

-HM

16. mas90guru macrumors member

mas90guru

6 AM seems to be the time when stock availability is refreshed online. I ordered from Evergreen Walk. Availability quickly went down as more people ordered online.

This year at Evergreen I did not have to wait outside. The last time I picked up an order they had me join the regular line waiting outside. This year I was able to go right inside when I arrived at about 10:15 am and there was no waiting at all. I was out in 5 minutes.

If possible, try to get the early appointment and avoid late-day crowds.

17. Hollow Man macrumors regular

Hollow Man

There was a crowd at the Trumbull store, but no line for phones. Walked in, told the "front desk" guy I was picking up, and they passed me to someone further back. She asked if I wanted to set it up in store or at home, I said at home, someone handed me my phone, and I was out in 5 minutes. Restoring from iTunes as I write this. Glorious!

-HM

18. mas90guru macrumors member

mas90guru

Some stock availability as of 6 am on various East Coast stores including in CT