iPhone X - Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mike-s, Nov 1, 2017.

1. mike-s macrumors newbie

Trying to decide whether to go to Northpark mall early Friday a.m. or camp it out at Knox St. Anyone else in the Dallas area? This is my first launch in store so any tips would be appreciated!

2. TheOfficialColtonC macrumors newbie

TheOfficialColtonC

I’ll be traveling to the Dallas area but I’ll be heading to the South Lake store around midnight... But you’re best bet is the camp out at Knox because it’s gonna be a mad dash when those mall doors open! Good luck though!!

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

4. iDallas macrumors newbie

I’m going to camp out at Knox tonight. What time are you getting there? I was thinking about getting there at 4 am, but I don’t think that’ll be enough.

5. BooSaintHeavens macrumors newbie

BooSaintHeavens

Does anyone know the lineup process for Willow Bend Mail in Frisco? Thanks.

6. TheYellowAudi macrumors member

TheYellowAudi

DFW, but could be anywhere on the planet.
    I'd agree with the above ^^. A stand alone store will be more predictable than a mall will be, unless you know exactly what the mall is doing in regards to opening the main doors.

In the past, I've seen malls keep the main doors open nearest the Apple store all night with barricades and heavy security, but every mall is different. Stand alone store for consistency.

7. DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

Please see my comments in the iPhone 7 Launch thread. I've camped at Willow Bend and Southlake.

Willow Bend is in Plano. Stonebriar is in Frisco. Stonebriar doesn't have an Apple Store. See the above link for info about Willow Bend.

I'm not camping this year.

8. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

The Willowbend mall is in Plano, the Stonebriar store is in Frisco. If you are going to Willowbend then the line up will be at the Dillards parking garage entrance to the left of the food court. It’s the ground level of the parking garage. This is where's its been for previous launches where I've stood in line.

Good luck!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Stonebriar has an Apple Store.

9. DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

You're right. I don't know what mall I was thinking of. I've been there many times (they even have a Microsoft store like North Park). I can't remember why I didn't even consider camping at Stonebriar.

I wish Firewheel had an Apple Store. It's very similar to Southlake and to Knox to a lesser degree.
    Be aware that if you wait at Willow Bend in the garage, it's hot with lots of trapped fumes and there will be a speaker over your head announcing where you parked every 20 seconds (bring noise isolating/cancelling earphones and/or earplugs, not AirPods).

They do have pretty good security going around. It felt very safe. I felt pretty safe at Southlake too, but they had no security patrols and a couple of times some "good ol' boys" came around with their lifted Jeeps with no mufflers and the giant bright front lights on making lots of noise to annoy people in line. I never saw any cops or security for the line at Southlake, but they came around every once in a while in their truck for Willow Bend.

10. BooSaintHeavens macrumors newbie

BooSaintHeavens

Thanks. Sorry. I meant Stonebriar.

11. ejfontenot macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

The only line I ever stood in was for the iPad 2 launch, many moons ago. We lined up by Dillards in Stonebriar. Since the weather should be nice, I would shoot for Knox or Southlake. At least those stores are outside.

12. jrgardea macrumors newbie

WHAT ABOUT IN THE FORTWORTH AREA ?

13. mike-s thread starter macrumors newbie

If I decide on Knox, I’ll probably go around 1 AM. Would anyone recommend trying for Northpark Mall? I’ve been told that they won’t let anyone on the mall property until 6 AM at which point everyone makes a run for the Apple Store. I’m young (22) and feel like I’m a pretty fast runner, so assuming I don’t get trampled I feel like this might be the safest option. Anyone with experience at Northpark? Thanks

14. jrgardea macrumors newbie

ILL PROB TRY FORTWORTH APPLE STORE. HAVE YOJU TRIED CALLING THE STORE AND ASKING WHAT PROCEDURE THEYRE HAVING ?

15. nikchin macrumors newbie

nikchin

Do you have any idea about stonebriar line up, i am planning to go there..

16. DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

Please wear a gopro and share the footage with us.

17. jap1198 macrumors 6502

I would prefer to line up at a standalone store just because the malls can be a little unpredictable. I've never had any issues lining up at the Knox location, but it usually does get pretty packed near 6-7am! Since I have work tomorrow morning I opted to pick mine up later in the afternoon.

18. Yung Sad macrumors newbie

If anyone is debating on Northpark security had confirmed we are able to camp outside the mall outside to the nearest exit of the Apple store. They will open the doors of the mall at 7 and Apple will open at 8 to begin orders. I am the first and only person in line thus far. Hope this helps!

19. BooSaintHeavens macrumors newbie

BooSaintHeavens

Well done and solid update. Cheers.
    Anyone at Stonebriar yet?

20. nikchin macrumors newbie

nikchin

Yes i have been there they are doing same as Northpark. They will open the doors of the mall at 7

21. megsalias macrumors regular

I'll be interested to know what the scene is like at Northpark tomorrow. I have a reservation but scheduled it for 6pm thinking it would have cleared out by then. Now I'm a little worried that every teenager in the city is going to be there playing with the ones on display.

22. nikchin macrumors newbie

nikchin

are you already at stonebriar bro??

23. BooSaintHeavens macrumors newbie

BooSaintHeavens

Do you know where the lineup starts outside? Thanks.
    Negative, Ghostrider. Considering going.

24. dohspc macrumors 6502

dohspc

Willowbend usually lets people line up under the garage near the food court entrance.

25. BooSaintHeavens macrumors newbie

BooSaintHeavens

Thanks, Chief.