iPhone X Florida Mall Orlando!

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Alexg13, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Alexg13 macrumors newbie

what time is everyone getting in line? Where outside does the line start?

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

It’s been different the last two years.. for the 6s launch.. the line was outside in the parking lot near M&M entrance.. this past year for the 7. They let us camp inside.. and the line was extremely long! Recommendation. Get their at midnight at the latest!! It’s the busiest store in Orlando...
    I personally recommend mall of millennia.. but Florida mall has the most stock

3. jam36a macrumors newbie

My friend who is a sheriff will be working the detail there tonight into tomorrow morning. In the past yes they let everyone fall in line and camp out. But here are the details this year:

The parking lot of the Florida Mall (in the area of Macy's and M&M store) will be roped off and no one will be able to enter or park. At 5:00a they will let everyone enter and fall in line outside the mall entrance near the M&M store. Then at 7:00a they will open the mall doors so that everyone can then now form a line in front of the Apple Store itself. Then by 10a the doors open and everyone can enter. In the past, Apple opened their doors early (around 9:15a) so maybe they'll do the same for this launch.

4. Alexg13 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

6. Alexg13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is Mall of millennia the same? Anyone call stores to verify all the info?

7. jam36a macrumors newbie

Florida Mall is 5a. Millenia and Altamonte is 6a. Law enforcement presence everywhere. For ex: people park at Krispy Kreme or Devry parking lot and wait. Or @ IKEA then make the mad rush towards the mall to park and run for the line. Some people are even already on foot and run towards the mall and leave their cars parked where they are. Its definitely madness
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    no where. be careful where you wait and park too. will get trespassed

8. Alexg13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone planning on going tomorrow morning? I’m planning around 4am

9. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Historically, 4 AM would result in you not getting a phone. With the shift in process at Florida Mall this year though, 4-5 seems like the right time to show up.

10. jam36a macrumors newbie

you wont be allowed on Simon Mall (Florida Mall) property until 5a

11. madskillz18 macrumors newbie

I camped there a couple years back. This sounds like absolute madness now.

12. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

Most insane place I’ve ever been for a preorder. Anyone know how many people are there?

13. masciam, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

masciam macrumors member

Some guys were trying to organize the line before the doors opened. There were 150 people at 5:10 am or so, I have no idea how many people got there after that.