iPhone X has full WiFi Strength but losses connection when moving around house

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SD449, Jan 5, 2018.

1. SD449 macrumors regular

Hi All

I am experiencing an issue with my iPhone X (and previously my iPhone 7+)

My iPhone shows full WiFi single and will work fine downstairs but often if I walk upstairs I don’t get a connection. (Sometimes vice versa)

I can resolve this quite quickly and easily by turning WiFi on & off but this is getting annoying now I have installed some Hue Bulbs

Any ideas? TIA

2. chscag macrumors 68030

chscag

You can probably solve that with a WiFi extender for your router or you can install powerline adapters. Extenders are usually a bit cheaper though. Either way will work.

3. karnsculpture macrumors regular

I am having this issue too - never a problem with the iPhone 7 plus or my iPad.

4. anubis1980 macrumors 6502

5. ddrulez macrumors regular

Probably the phone try to switch network frequency and have a problem with it? Try and got with 2 separate wlan SSID for each frequency.

You always have connection but internet fails right?

6. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

This was happening to me with Sky Q (UK). I've now connected all the Q boxes via Ethernet and turned off their WiFi and no longer get this problem. In fact WiFi is much better throughout the house.

7. anubis1980 macrumors 6502

I was tempted to do this but need to get a long cable wired through the house. Might do it when i get bored.