iPhone X - Houston, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by iphone6fan, Oct 24, 2017.

1. iphone6fan macrumors regular

iphone6fan

Is anyone planning on lining up at any Houston area Apple Stores?
    If yes, which store and what time are you planning to arrive?

2. echo123 macrumors newbie

A mall Apple store is closer to me however I don’t want to mess with trying to figure out which entrance is closest to the Store and then if I wait there, a different door is opened up first. Furthermore even if I’m at the door that’s opened up first AND I’m towards the front of the line, there’s a chance that Apple won’t distribute tickets outside the mall and people behind me in line will push and get in front of me when the mall doors open. Because of all this, I’ll probably go to the Highland Village store and get there around 1 or 2 am.

All that being said, I’ve always waited at an AT&T store and always had luck but this phone will be very constrained so I’m probably going to an apple store. Do you know how the line is normally handled at mall stores? Does Apple designate which door they will open for customers and if they’ll give out tickets outside the mall?

3. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

Which mall Apple Store are you referring to?

4. echo123 macrumors newbie

The freestanding One would be Highland Village and the mall one would be Memorial.

5. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

6. SR42 macrumors regular

If I do it would definitely be Highland Village, I'd probably try to arrive tomorrow night or early Thursday

7. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

Post here if you end up going.

8. SR42 macrumors regular

Has anyone ever lined up at Highland village? When do people start getting there?

9. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

I have not, but I’m going to stop by tomorrow and will report back.

10. SR42 macrumors regular

I called the Galleria security and they said no lining up inside the mall until 7am, so definitely going to go to Highland Village once I get confirmed info that my local AT&T store isn't getting stock. Im gonna try to get there sometime Thursday early.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 31, 2017 ---
    I've heard you can't park next to the apple store highland village overnight? Whats the deal with that? Also, what would be the closest bathroom?

11. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

Who said you couldn’t park next to the store? That doesn’t sound right.

12. SR42 macrumors regular

13. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

14. SR42 macrumors regular

apple store highland village lines

So this is why we can't park right next to the store. Where they have all those barricades set up and people lining up is in the stores parking lot

15. echo123 macrumors newbie

Well I originally was planning on heading there around 1 or 2 am on Friday but since you guys are talking about lines being long and stuff, I’ll try to make my way out there Thursday night. I have work so I’ll probably be there around the time the store is closing. It sucks, I didn’t want to be there all night but I may have to go to secure one. I’m sure if I’m one of the first 15 I should be alright.

16. SR42, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

SR42 macrumors regular

When you go ask where were allowed to park

I called Highland Village's office and they said no overnight parking allowed, but she wasn't sure about the garage. I'm really confused.

17. echo123 macrumors newbie

Have any of you guys checked on AT&T store stock? I would hope a big store like Memorial City might have some. Would appreciate any insight if you have any.

18. SR42 macrumors regular

I actually live in College Station so the only AT&T stores I called were here, but they all said they weren't receiving any for launch. Im gonna give the AT&T memorial city a call and see what they say

EDIT: just called the freestanding store in memorial city (not the one in the mall). They said they'll probably get some stock, but he doesn't know for sure, and he said theres even a chance they might not because there have been some delays or something. I wouldn't risk waiting there.

19. echo123 macrumors newbie

Damn dude, you are committed. That's quite a hike.

Also last year I waited at the 249/Spring Cypress AT&T store over night. I arrived right before they closed so I could ask them about stock, and they were not willing to tell me anything. Wouldn't tell me if they had it or not, just told me to wait in line until tomorrow and see, sure enough, there weren't any the next day. Which annoyed the crap out of me. The point of my story is that your College Station stores are nice to tell you that. Mine screwed me.

20. SR42 macrumors regular

Haha yea if I don't come it would be the first time I don't get the new iPhone on launch.
    Wow that really sucks. I waited outside the AT&T store here last year and I got there around 7pm. Someone came out and asked exactly what I was looking for, and went to check the stock. He even came out and said what all they had. Pretty dumb of them to tell you to wait when they knew they didnt have any.

21. echo123 macrumors newbie

I will tell you this though. I've heard different things from different reps at AT&T. I was on online chat last night and they said there wouldn't be any at most stores. Then today I spoke with a phone AT&T support rep and she told me stores should have a limited amount. So nothing consistent so far. We shall see I suppose.

22. SR42 macrumors regular

Yea, so I'm from Long Island, NY originally. Just for fun I decided to call the AT&T store near my house and the guy said theyre definitely getting stock, but to check back on Thursday to know what colors etc. It seems that few stores are getting some stock. Definitely not as much as they sent out for the 7 release last year though.

23. iphone6fan thread starter macrumors regular

iphone6fan

I just left Apple Highland Village. They said to park in the garage and arrive by Thursday evening for a good chance at getting an iPhone X.

24. SR42 macrumors regular

Awesome, I’ll be arriving sometime midday at highland village tomorrow.

25. dynamos13 macrumors newbie

dynamos13

Anyone know about Willowbrook or Woodlands Mall?? Have lines started forming?