iPhone X - King of Prussia, PA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by CKtoph, Oct 30, 2017.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Just getting this one started...anyone in line already?? haha...

2. breakdanzer macrumors newbie

I was thinking about waiting overnight since I have a 11/17-11/24 order date. I'm going to wait until wednesday to see if my order gets bumped up. When were you going to line up at?

3. Jz724 macrumors newbie

I was thinking about lining up too but probably start around 4-5, doubt there would be that many before then lining up

4. breakdanzer macrumors newbie

what time are they letting people in? Around 4 or 5am?

5. Jz724 macrumors newbie

No idea yet mall doesn’t allow people in overnight though I’m not really sure what’s happening. Is another local store better option?

6. breakdanzer macrumors newbie

I live an equal distance from the lehigh valley mall store and the KOP location. The lehigh location is an outdoor mall so i might try waiting at that one instead. My girlfriend also works at one of the mall stores and I wonder if she could line up inside the mall.

7. Jz724 macrumors newbie

King of Prussia is just confusing with it being indoors. Not sure how well that lends itself to lining up for launch.

8. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

Try Suburban Square ow Willow Grove Park. Smaller areas with less people maybe.

9. Jz724 macrumors newbie

Not bad idea... might check into that. Do you guys think we’ll even have a shot at getting one at stores? Or will they have like 10 phones

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

good quesiton. They never tell you whether they will have any walk in stock or how many. I also think the smaller stores will have less stock than bigger stores like KOP or Walnut street, but who knows. It's really a crapshoot, could wait 4 hrs and they don't have the color/model you are looking for.

11. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

I feel like all of the Philly-area store are going to be crazy. Suburban and Walnut street are the only outdoor stores, so they probably have the longest lines. Then willow grove and KOP, which are both mall stores, are pretty popular too.

12. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

They will not let you stay in the mall overnight (from my experiences, and keep in mind the recent events at the King of Prussia mall). They typically let you in around 06:00 and let you wait out the final 2 hours inside.

Good luck to all, I would've gladly joined in had I not gotten so lucky on Friday.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 31, 2017 ---
    In years past, the line has started by the Rite Aid entrance.

You'd be surprised; 2 years ago, I lined up at 8pm and was still lucky. People after midnight didn't fair too well...

@breakdanzer see my previous reply, usually around 0600.

King of Prussia tends to get a good stock, as they are one of the larger (and one of few) southeastern PA stores. Many were worried when the 6 came out, but they ended up having enough to cover at least 60 people (my estimate).

13. Jz724 macrumors newbie

Anybody wanna meet up? I’m thinking of getting in line around 3-4?

14. yj29 macrumors newbie

yj29

I might join you at 4

15. csurfr macrumors 68020

Hey, did Apple ever build that store downtown in George Perrier’s old cafe space? I haven’t lived in Philadelphia for a while. Man I miss center city. Also, the Eagles look insane! Hope you all get your phones Friday!

16. Jz724 macrumors newbie

How many people are in line? Do they have enough if I came now?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Anyone ther?

17. Footaxion macrumors newbie

Footaxion

Walnut St line is a block long, 3ppl wide. Mostly scalpers or people shipping the phones back to where they were just shipped from.